Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best open-air chassis?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Hardware
  • Overclocking
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
a b K Overclocking
July 18, 2009 6:30:20 PM

I've seen a few open-air chassis for testing hardware and demonstrations, such as overclocking competitions, but I can't remember the names of every manufacturer.

These will be used for a few hours at a time to test hardware, demo CPU cooling methods, etc. in situations where "no chassis" and a phone book might otherwise be used, but with the ability to keep all the parts together for transit.

I'm considering alternatives to this one:

http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen...

Do any of you guys have a list of open-air chassis you think I'd like?

More about : open air chassis

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b K Overclocking
July 18, 2009 11:47:52 PM

the only one i know of is the antec skeleton

but do you really want dust settling on your computer all the time , and the cat jumping up to have a look while blowing the ram with static electricity you made by stroking it?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2009 12:10:52 AM

Outlander_04 said:
the only one i know of is the antec skeleton

but do you really want dust settling on your computer all the time , and the cat jumping up to have a look while blowing the ram with static electricity you made by stroking it?


Yeh, that would be ideal. Let me add a few reasons to the original post, and thanks for the suggestion!
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2009 12:25:39 AM

Crashman said:
Yeh, that would be ideal. Let me add a few reasons to the original post, and thanks for the suggestion!



Until you posted your reasons I wasnt aware there could be a good reason for an open air case .
I was wrong

but I am happy since I learned something new

EDIT : dirtmountains link is fascinating and the idea makes a lot of sense .
It would also be fairly simple to make your own , in that format
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2009 12:37:47 AM

Outlander_04 said:
Until you posted your reasons I wasnt aware there could be a good reason for an open air case .
I was wrong

but I am happy since I learned something new

EDIT : dirtmountains link is fascinating and the idea makes a lot of sense .
It would also be fairly simple to make your own , in that format


Exactly. That's the one I was thinking of when I started the thread but couldn't remember the name. Now I'm simply trying to consider all the alternatives :) 
m
0
l
July 19, 2009 5:46:46 AM

I personally like the Antec Skeleton :p 
m
0
l
!