Sign in with
Your question

6 GB RAM VS 12 GB RAM

Last response: in Memory
January 11, 2010 1:39:18 AM

Does anyone know if 12 GB RAM does anything for performance over 6GB RAM under average circumstances?? What I mean by average is surfing the web, gaming, etc.. I'm not talking about producing a CG movie.

More about : ram ram

January 11, 2010 1:48:07 AM

You will not see any significant performance improvements for surfing the web and gaming when moving from 6 GB of memory to 12 GB.

However, for applications that use lots of memory such as photo or video editing, then the added memory will make a big difference and is definitey worth the cost.
January 11, 2010 1:56:13 AM

will the ram amount affect render speeds in 3d architectural programs? or is it based on the processor and video card?
a b } Memory
January 11, 2010 1:57:32 AM

muratgemici2003 said:
Does anyone know if 12 GB RAM does anything for performance over 6GB RAM under average circumstances?? What I mean by average is surfing the web, gaming, etc.. I'm not talking about producing a CG movie.

No it doesn't. Unless you run a program that recommends more than 6 GB's under "recommended system requirements" there's no reason to get it. It can actually slow down performance if it's not needed.
!