6 GB RAM VS 12 GB RAM

Does anyone know if 12 GB RAM does anything for performance over 6GB RAM under average circumstances?? What I mean by average is surfing the web, gaming, etc.. I'm not talking about producing a CG movie.
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. You will not see any significant performance improvements for surfing the web and gaming when moving from 6 GB of memory to 12 GB.

However, for applications that use lots of memory such as photo or video editing, then the added memory will make a big difference and is definitey worth the cost.
  2. will the ram amount affect render speeds in 3d architectural programs? or is it based on the processor and video card?
  3. muratgemici2003 said:
    Does anyone know if 12 GB RAM does anything for performance over 6GB RAM under average circumstances?? What I mean by average is surfing the web, gaming, etc.. I'm not talking about producing a CG movie.

No it doesn't. Unless you run a program that recommends more than 6 GB's under "recommended system requirements" there's no reason to get it. It can actually slow down performance if it's not needed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Performance RAM