GTS 250 and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
hello

is there a system conflict with having both gts 250 with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium? if so... why is that

i was trying to buy a new pc from Hp website i wanted to get the gts 250 with the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium but it wont let me and keeps saying system conflict.

if there is anyone who had this issue before? if yes plz let me know.

any advice would be appreciated.

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
the conflict is because of the available slots on the cheap MB they use. More than likely it has adequate onboard sound anyway, so it is unlikely you need the extra sound card

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
^..the worst thing about buying from the big companies is the MB/bios. They always use really cheap MBs, usually a completely stripped Asus or Intel made just for them, and then they lock out the bios so you can not do any overclocking or tweaking. If it wasn't for that some of their deals would be pretty decent since most of the other components would be same as you would buy if you were building it yourself.

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
wow... is it that bad to buy from HP? or companies in general?

its good i posted here before i bought anything.

well then, what do u guys recommend? from where should i buy a custom computer?

im looking for high performance one with good price.

Well HP and Dell cannot give you high performance and a good price, thats just the way it is....

If you want something that will last you for a couple of years and not break the bank your only option is to build it yourself....

I suggest you look at these threads and read... You will get the idea of what I am trying to explain.....

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31.html

You will get the idea of the meaning "price to performance" and learn how to spend your money wisely....

You can also buy a pre-built system from cyberpower or ibuypower and it will use brand name parts but you will have to pay the extra cash due to the fact that it is "pre-built"....

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
There is another option for prebuilt computers cheaper than you can usually build them, and that is buying used or refurbished from ebay. Even if you buy one of the new custom computers from there it will save you a lot compared to most sources...but it is ebay and you should always be careful and do a little research on any ebay seller before you buy.

If you can buy something for cheaper than what it would cost you to build, I would suggest you stay away... faaaaaaarrr away....

In these hard times it would be crazy not to buy new parts with factory warranties.....