Next Gen CPU dates?

what is supposed to be the release for, i think its the called the orochi core for amd, but all my googles give me outdated posts.
10 answers Last reply
More about next dates
  1. I don't think there is a solid date but AMD says 2011.
  2. its Surda's New Amd (Code name: Surda 2in1 Amd) cpu, i heard they are coming out in the late 2010, stay tuned.
  3. I never heard of Surda CPUs from AMD...
    Maybe you refer to Hydra? (8-core Phenom IIs announced a year ago but not ever mentioned since then...)
  4. sanchz said:
    I never heard of Surda CPUs from AMD...
    Maybe you refer to Hydra? (8-core Phenom IIs announced a year ago but not ever mentioned since then...)

No... six core phenom 2s come out later next year, and 8 core Bulldozers come out 2011
  5. yannifb said:
    No... six core phenom 2s come out later next year, and 8 core Bulldozers come out 2011

I know THUBAN will be launched next year...
    It's just that rumours on"Hydra" a year ago have never been confirmed (and I don't expect them to) and I don't know what Surda was referring to
  6. sanchz said:
    I know THUBAN will be launched next year...
    It's just that rumours on"Hydra" a year ago have never been confirmed (and I don't expect them to) and I don't know what Surda was referring to

Oh i see. Also i am pretty sure Surda is mixing up the names
  7. yeah surda said the next core name is surda.... i think hes lying..

just found this, new code names and does look like well be getting a x6 processor next year (maybe phenom II still)
  8. Phenom II X6 will have to be 3.0 GHz at least to offer comparable peroformance to Quads, especially when games are not even optimized for 4 threads...
    What is curious is how "Orochi" is now "Zambezi", with an unheard-of AM3r2 socket. Let's hope AMD pulls a rabbit out of a hat with Bulldozer, making it compatible with AM3, with 12mb of cache, integrated ATI 5770-class GPU, more than 4 Cores at 3.6 GHz, 95w TDP, some sort of multithreading, some sort of clock speed boosting, and with short plans for a 28nm transition by the time Intel introduces Ivy Bridge. Too much to ask for?
  9. sanchz said:
    Phenom II X6 will have to be 3.0 GHz at least to offer comparable peroformance to Quads, especially when games are not even optimized for 4 threads...
    What is curious is how "Orochi" is now "Zambezi", with an unheard-of AM3r2 socket. Let's hope AMD pulls a rabbit out of a hat with Bulldozer, making it compatible with AM3, with 12mb of cache, integrated ATI 5770-class GPU, more than 4 Cores at 3.6 GHz, 95w TDP, some sort of multithreading, some sort of clock speed boosting, and with short plans for a 28nm transition by the time Intel introduces Ivy Bridge. Too much to ask for?

What you just described would be the most amazing CPU ever :ouch:
  10. I'd actually rather take the X6 with a 5870X2
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Next Generation