Windows XP won't complete setup after full system recovery

t4t0pe

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello,

I have a Emachine t6520 running windows xp home edition sp2. It came with 5 recovery disc, which i use to start the system recovery after i ran into some root-kit virus. After i perform the system recovery, and was able to reboot, the system doesn't seem to load windows setup completely. It stalls after reaching the "wins xp pro setup" screen

-application installer-installing software-setup is detecting and installing software on your computer- please wait while setup detects and installs devices such as your keyboard and mouse.-please wait while installing application(4/36)

...it got up to 19/36 after a few reboot, but it seems like something is preventing Windows from setting up because it never completes.
I don't know if this make any diff, but on the top of windows setup screen, it say "windows XP Professional setup" but It suppose to say home edition or something like that, :??: right?

Please help!!!

I don't want to add any false hope here but I have an eMachines M675 laptop and installing XP Pro was rather slow. It took over half an hour for setup to detect hardware before continuing. Patience may pay off, but then again, maybe not.

TRENDING THREADS