SATA3 Port Speed Limits?

I've had bad/poor experiences with 91xx Marvell's SATA3 limit of ~360MB/s.

Q - Have you seen various P67 MOBO's Intel SATA3 port limit testing?

SSD's like OCZ OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G are running into a wall and not achieving their Read 550 MB/s & Write 500 MB/s. I 'get' buying an LSI or other Controller and I 'get' theoretical vs obtainable, but I'd like to see what the Intel P67 'onboard' SATA3 limits. The fastest I've seen with onboard is ~ 370 MB/s onboard P67 e.g. http://www.myce.com/review/intel-sandy-bridge-and-p67-39441/IOMeter-test-results-5/ which isn't helpful :pfff:

Thanks!

p.s. @tecmo34 - time to do some testing ;)

tecmo34

Administrator
I was already posting from direct 1 on 1 with another OP where we were hitting the Marvell SATA3 limit on the ASUS P6X58D-E -- after I helped him tweak the crap out of the Marvell.

The link above was an example of what I did NOT want need...{e.g. "isn't helpful"}

Marvell 9128 limit on X58, was one of the highest I've seen on that MOBO:
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?87284-OCZ-Vertex-3-120-gig-slow-performance-issue-and-question
OCZtestafteradj.png

On that last link, I noticed the vague references:
* Intel Core i7 965 running at 3.2GHz (Turbo & EIST Disabled)
* Intel Core i7 2600K running at 3.4GHz (Turbo & EIST Disabled)—for AT SB 2011, AS SSD & ATTO

I did notice the 128KB Sequential with IOMeter of 415 MB/s -- Q of the (2) MOBOs tested which rendered that result -- and what port? It's still way short of the 550 MB/s! :(

A really nice Article would show various P67, X58, etc and the limits of the SATA3 Ports including Marvell, Intel, etc SATA3 --> THE WALLS OF SATA3

PCIe v2.x PCIe x1 is ~500 MB/s - sharing issue I still assume, and yep the Marvell 9182 is supposed to be x2 lanes. Though I really wish they came up with a better number, for the longest time I assumed it was a typo until I saw the chip.

Yep, the Marvell 9182 beats the crap out of the Marvell 9128 on writes!!!

I appreciate the link :)

Maximus IV Extreme w/Win7 SP1
atto.jpg