msconfig disappearing

Cand anyone help please ... I've recently unsucsessfuly
installed Norton Internet security 2004 onto my PC. I have
been instructed to reduce the amount of programs on the
startup. When opening msconfig it proptly disappears??
Any ideas gratfuly received.
1 answer Last reply
More about msconfig disappearing

    Greetings --

    The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
    one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

    W32.Klez
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

    W32.Yaha
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

    W32.Spybot.Worm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

    Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
    Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
    definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
    on-line scanners to double-check your system.

    Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Cand anyone help please ... I've recently unsucsessfuly
    > installed Norton Internet security 2004 onto my PC. I have
    > been instructed to reduce the amount of programs on the
    > startup. When opening msconfig it proptly disappears??
    > Any ideas gratfuly received.

Configuration Internet Security Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP