E6750 Core 2 Duo OC

My Current specs are
E6750 core 2 duo with a Corsair H60 water cooling system.
Gigabyte ep43-ud3l motherboard
Sapphire 4890 1gb with Arctic cooling Accellero aftermarket cooler w/fan
4gb 800mhz OCZ ram (nothing special)
XFX 850watt Black Edition power supply

all in a HAF 922 case.

I've tried to overclock twice, but both times my system locked up, kept restarting and so I got really scared from doing anything related to overclocking.

I'm a complete novice, and a few questions I have are whether I should control the PCI-E frequency while overclocking my cpu. Also, Should I lower the ram timings ? and if so why? (I'm just curious, want to learn as much as I can.)

I've tried looking through various guides on the internet, raising your fsb and voltage slightly and testing for stability, however I haven't found any settings that truly match my set up.

I was able to do a very slight overclock to 2.8ghz, however the system hanged while running prime95. The only variables I changed was the fsb to 350 and kept the PCI-E frequency at 100.

I now have the courage to do it with the help of you guys.
I know this is an old rig, but I really don't want to have to go out to spend money on a new rig as of yet.
1 answer Last reply
More about e6750 core
  1. This should be your first stop.
    Core2 Overclocking Guide
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259899-29-core-overclocking-guide

Shadow's Gigabyte motherboard OC guide:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.html
    It's for an EP35-DS3L but all the Gigabyte Core2 BIOS's are similar.

Go through the guides. Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier (or whatever your BIOS calls it) from AUTO to 2.00. At an FSB of 333 MHz, your memory clock should be at 667 MHz.

Download CPU-Z to check your FSB:RAM ratio. It should be a 1:1 ratio.

Now start the "increase FSB, test, adjust settings" cycle.

Keep your core voltage below 1.5 volts and your load temps under 70 C.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Core