Do these speeds/temps seem normal? (i7 2600K)

adam1712

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I think my temps are okay i did my first build a couple of days ago and i have been nervous about the thermal paste, i am using the zalman 990 max blue with the paste they supplied, an i7 2600K on an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro mobo.

I am using Ai suite and TurboV to OC(i tired using bios but nothing seems to stick once i load up OS?)
I am at 4.6GhZ and 1.180V

Idle ~ 30-34C
All 8 threads@100% using BurnIn Test i a hitting a maximum of 65C (I am only allowing it to run for about 10 minutes because temps dont seem to be changing at all after about 5)

Do these seem normal from what i can find i think they are okay but i would prefer to know that atleast it is deffinately okay or there is something wrong and i need to reseat cooler.

Is the BurnIn Test okay i tried using prime95 but it only uses 1 core and so only puts my cpu at 12% load?

Thanks for any advice/warning/tips.

Adam

Did you download Prime95 version 26.6 from www.mersenne.org? It should automatically load up eight workers for a 2600K CPU, if you run it in Torture Test mode. Once you get it running correctly, try doing it overnight.

I don't think that your settings are stable, as you would need to be just about the luckiest guy in the world to overclock to 4.6GHz at less than the CPU's default voltage (default is 1.2v).

And what do you mean ... "I tried using BIOS but nothing seems to stick once I load up OS?" What did you change, and what didn't "stick"?

adam1712

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Okay sorry i was setting it to 1.18 in turboV but it is being dynamicaly controlled by the bios or os or something, so ignore the voltage setting it goes up to 1.34ish but it is constantly changing. And i mean in the bios i am changing multipliers and settings but everything seems to be just running off whatever turboV is set to run it at and in my bios the option to disable it is blanked out :( Any help? And other than that then do my temps seem okay for a 4.6 OC with voltage in a range from 1.2-1.34?
Thanks

benikens

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Uninstall turboV, then change bios. See if that makes a difference, because if turboV can change your overclock when you haven't changed bios, why would it stop changing it when you had? need to ditch it and just do manual i think.

TRENDING THREADS