Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Palit GTX 260 216 sonic and 450w PSU?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Palit
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 8, 2009 1:13:59 PM

My spec
e6400 @ 2.1
Gigabyte 965p-DS3
Transcend 2gb 800 mhz ram
Seagate SATA2 160 gb 7200 rpm
Palit GTX 260 216 sonic
450W PSU from odyssey


I just bought my GTX 260 today and my current PSU is a 450W local one ,is there any harm for the card if I run it in this PSU for 2 days?.
Is 500W PSU enough for this card.Please help.

More about : palit gtx 260 216 sonic 450w psu

a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 1:17:16 PM

Depends how many rails? amps on the rails?
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 1:18:18 PM

invisik said:
Depends how many rails? amps on the rails?

How to find it?Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 1:21:27 PM

Open up the computer and it should have a label on the psu. Do you no the exact model?
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 1:46:41 PM

invisik said:
Open up the computer and it should have a label on the psu. Do you no the exact model?

This is how it looks like.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 1:54:17 PM

Thanks the pictures it helped. Hmmm one rail with 18amps your cutting it close. I would recommending a new psu such as this if you can afford it now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If i were you i would give it a try and just to see if your system boots up and operates fine. If not then buy a new one psu. Im running 2 gtx260 sli with a high quality 500w currently.
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 1:59:05 PM

invisik said:
Thanks the pictures it helped. Hmmm one rail with 18amps your cutting it close. I would recommending a new psu such as this if you can afford it now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If i were you i would give it a try and just to see if your system boots up and operates fine. If not then buy a new one psu. Im running 2 gtx260 sli with a high quality 500w currently.

Thanks man,Is there any harm for my card to run on this PSU for 2 days?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 2:03:28 PM

Well yes it possible but rare. Even if the card is underpowered it will usually not turn on or your computer will freeze up while on.
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 2:06:51 PM

Thanks man
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 2:10:25 PM

yup np. If any problems occur feel free to contact me or any other forum members.
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 3:12:55 PM

Man help needed.It doesn't start on my system,all the fans are on but my monitor doesn't turning on.Do i need to connect anything to the slots in the pic.parts bundled with the card is in the second pic.

m
0
l
August 8, 2009 3:40:10 PM

Some one please help.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 4:08:13 PM

You need two pcie connectors to connect to them. There cables with 6pin that fit into the card. The 2nd pic shows a adapter 2 molex connectors to 1 6pin. (in case you dont have 2 6pin pcei connectors)
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 4:12:18 PM

invisik said:
You need two pcie connectors to connect to them. There cables with 6pin that fit into the card. The 2nd pic shows a adapter 2 molex connectors to 1 6pin. (in case you dont have 2 6pin pcei connectors)

so if i have one more connector like that will it work?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 4:15:47 PM

Yes. Does your psu have any 6pin? If not you have one adapter that came in the box or did it come with 2 adapters. My evga superclocked gtx260 came with 2.
m
0
l
August 8, 2009 4:30:09 PM

invisik said:
Yes. Does your psu have any 6pin? If not you have one adapter that came in the box or did it come with 2 adapters. My evga superclocked gtx260 came with 2.

Thanks man for the help.My PSU doesn't have any 6pin.Only one adapter with the bundle.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2009 4:35:06 PM

Oh im sorry to hear that. If i were you i would get the psu i recommended earlier. Its selling at a great price and it would run your card fine. Once you get the card running i advise you to overclock your cpu a little bit because it will hold the gtx260 from it full potential. No problem for the assistant glad i could help.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l