Palit GTX 260 216 sonic and 450w PSU?

My spec
e6400 @ 2.1
Gigabyte 965p-DS3
Transcend 2gb 800 mhz ram
Seagate SATA2 160 gb 7200 rpm
Palit GTX 260 216 sonic
450W PSU from odyssey

I just bought my GTX 260 today and my current PSU is a 450W local one ,is there any harm for the card if I run it in this PSU for 2 days?.
Is 500W PSU enough for this card.Please help.
16 answers Last reply
More about palit sonic 450w
  1. Depends how many rails? amps on the rails?
  2. invisik said:
    Depends how many rails? amps on the rails?

How to find it?Thanks
  3. Open up the computer and it should have a label on the psu. Do you no the exact model?
  4. invisik said:
    Open up the computer and it should have a label on the psu. Do you no the exact model?

This is how it looks like.
  5. Thanks the pictures it helped. Hmmm one rail with 18amps your cutting it close. I would recommending a new psu such as this if you can afford it now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341016

If i were you i would give it a try and just to see if your system boots up and operates fine. If not then buy a new one psu. Im running 2 gtx260 sli with a high quality 500w currently.
  6. invisik said:
    Thanks the pictures it helped. Hmmm one rail with 18amps your cutting it close. I would recommending a new psu such as this if you can afford it now:

If i were you i would give it a try and just to see if your system boots up and operates fine. If not then buy a new one psu. Im running 2 gtx260 sli with a high quality 500w currently.

Thanks man,Is there any harm for my card to run on this PSU for 2 days?
  7. Well yes it possible but rare. Even if the card is underpowered it will usually not turn on or your computer will freeze up while on.
  8. Thanks man
  9. yup np. If any problems occur feel free to contact me or any other forum members.
  10. Man help needed.It doesn't start on my system,all the fans are on but my monitor doesn't turning on.Do i need to connect anything to the slots in the pic.parts bundled with the card is in the second pic.

11. Some one please help.
  12. You need two pcie connectors to connect to them. There cables with 6pin that fit into the card. The 2nd pic shows a adapter 2 molex connectors to 1 6pin. (in case you dont have 2 6pin pcei connectors)
  13. invisik said:
    You need two pcie connectors to connect to them. There cables with 6pin that fit into the card. The 2nd pic shows a adapter 2 molex connectors to 1 6pin. (in case you dont have 2 6pin pcei connectors)

so if i have one more connector like that will it work?
  14. Yes. Does your psu have any 6pin? If not you have one adapter that came in the box or did it come with 2 adapters. My evga superclocked gtx260 came with 2.
  15. invisik said:
    Yes. Does your psu have any 6pin? If not you have one adapter that came in the box or did it come with 2 adapters. My evga superclocked gtx260 came with 2.

Thanks man for the help.My PSU doesn't have any 6pin.Only one adapter with the bundle.
  16. Oh im sorry to hear that. If i were you i would get the psu i recommended earlier. Its selling at a great price and it would run your card fine. Once you get the card running i advise you to overclock your cpu a little bit because it will hold the gtx260 from it full potential. No problem for the assistant glad i could help.

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Palit Graphics