Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Did I just find a bug?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 7:47:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I have a two-sim family. Sim 1 was (got promoted) a Science Teacher;
Sim 2 is a EMT. Both happened to have schedules with 8AM start times.
So, at 6AM I get warnings for both that the carpool for ... will arrive
in about an hour. It did, for the Science Teacher - but the ambulance
never showed up. No vacation days in the bank. Never got the telephone
call saying 'yer docked fer AWOL'. Never called in sick. Didn't get
paid, but didn't seem to take a performance hit, either. Just... no
carpool, and no go work that day.

Anyone seen this before? Clues? Bug? Sim 1 has gone through Uni, Sim
2 has not.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

More about : find bug

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:58:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
> I have a two-sim family. Sim 1 was (got promoted) a Science Teacher;
> Sim 2 is a EMT. Both happened to have schedules with 8AM start times.
> So, at 6AM I get warnings for both that the carpool for ... will
> arrive in about an hour. It did, for the Science Teacher - but the
> ambulance never showed up. No vacation days in the bank. Never got
> the telephone call saying 'yer docked fer AWOL'.

If they carpool arrives at the same time they only send one vehicle. Both
sims should have taken it.

Gareeth
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 12:18:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Also, you will not lose job performance points if you have holiday days to
lose instead.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM



"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Q1%se.78955$tt5.72323@edtnps90...
> Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
> > I have a two-sim family. Sim 1 was (got promoted) a Science Teacher;
> > Sim 2 is a EMT. Both happened to have schedules with 8AM start times.
> > So, at 6AM I get warnings for both that the carpool for ... will
> > arrive in about an hour. It did, for the Science Teacher - but the
> > ambulance never showed up. No vacation days in the bank. Never got
> > the telephone call saying 'yer docked fer AWOL'.
>
> If they carpool arrives at the same time they only send one vehicle. Both
> sims should have taken it.
>
> Gareeth
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:27:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
>> I have a two-sim family. Sim 1 was (got promoted) a Science Teacher;
>> Sim 2 is a EMT. Both happened to have schedules with 8AM start times.
>> So, at 6AM I get warnings for both that the carpool for ... will
>> arrive in about an hour. It did, for the Science Teacher - but the
>> ambulance never showed up. No vacation days in the bank. Never got
>> the telephone call saying 'yer docked fer AWOL'.
>
>If they carpool arrives at the same time they only send one vehicle. Both
>sims should have taken it.

For two different job tracks? And the second sim - the EMT (who got
promoted to paramedic after the next day that they actually went to
work, and to nurse the time after that) - didn't even try to take it,
and was at high enough need-satisfaction levels that going to work
should have been automatic - so apparently that sim didn't think it was
the right carpool.

Also, recall that the EMT never suffered - other than not getting paid -
for missing work that day. No vacation days to take, didn't call in
sick, didn't get the chastising call from the hospital, just acted like
it was a regular day off - except that instead of '... has the day off
today', the carpool alert was given.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 10:30:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
>> For two different job tracks? And the second sim - the EMT (who got
> promoted to paramedic after the next day that they actually went to
> work, and to nurse the time after that) - didn't even try to take it,
> and was at high enough need-satisfaction levels that going to work
> should have been automatic - so apparently that sim didn't think it
> was the right carpool.
>
> Also, recall that the EMT never suffered - other than not getting
> paid - for missing work that day. No vacation days to take, didn't
> call in sick, didn't get the chastising call from the hospital, just
> acted like it was a regular day off - except that instead of '... has
> the day off today', the carpool alert was given.

It doesn't matter that they are two different career tracks. All sims who go
to work at the same time will use the same car and a sim going to work at
the same time as another Sim is coming home will use that car. So you
sometimes have people who normally use a limo communting to work in a beater
car. I don't know why the Sim didn't try to go to work.

Gareeth
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 10:53:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Gareeth wrote:

> I don't know why the Sim didn't try to go to work.

He was tired.

--
--Cuth
!