AMD Cooler

escoe

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hello what are some good options for a heatsink fan combo for an AMD 1090t CPU that doesnt require you to take out the motherboard and install brackets?

Lutfij

Titan
well that answer would depend entirely upon the case you have. If you have a case with a backpanel cutout of your cpu area for easy installation of the cpu cooler than there are alot of options available!

then there's the second issue about what mobo you're using now. some mobo's need the user to remove the mobo to install the bracket. This bracket is mandatory for most mobo's.

pick up a cooler master Hyper 212+ and you are set for a good amount of time + with an OC on that x6

If you aint satisfied with the advice, go to frostytech.com and check out the top 5 cpu cooler's list and also take some time to read the reviews.

My 2 cents :) Hope this helps

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
not to harp on previous posts, but I always see peeps calling for the hyper 212,,, it's a good cooler,, BUT for amd systems it has some extra work to install,,, AND for all systems you need a good amount of clearance in your case as 120mm fan = bit cooler.
you will need to bracket work for this cooler for amd attachment

for your setup I'd recommend the Scythe Katana, same price range as the Katana, but is a 92mm fan and it is angled so it blows air on you MB a bit and towards back of case without any change to your MB (most fans mounted to AMD MBs will blow up or down unless you change bracket) - it's also very quiet - i use it myself and fit nicely in my gateway case.