Jan 11, 2010
Hello, i bought a new PC with the following configuration :

-Asus P5Q-SE2, Socket 775
-Kingston 2x2048MB DDR2, 800MHz
-Intel® CoreTM2 Quad Q8400 2.68GHz, socket 775 Box
-NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT, 1GB, DDR3, 64bit, PCI-E
-HDD Seagate Barracuda 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB, SATA
-PSU iCute 500W, ATX

After installing win 7 Ultimate 32-bit was getting lots of bsod.I have update all the drivers (and validated its with DriverNet) and still got bsod.

I have go around with my problem, and do some basic test. I have used Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool to test the memory one by one, and no error found.

But when both off memory stick installed on Slot A1 & Slot B1, memtest produce error. I have dmp file and CPU-ID log and will attach it if needed.

Please Help.

Solution
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add that I had a similar problem with an ASUS P5Q-SE2 which I bought in the first half of 2010.

I had two 1 GB RAM modules which I installed but I kept getting BSOD crashes. With only one stick at a time it would work fine and MEMTEST would give the RAM module as good but if I installed both at the same time MEMTEST would give errors. It seems the ASUS P5Q-SE2 mobo has a problem with using two modules in dual channel configuration.

Finally I bought a single 2 GB module and the mobo seems to work fine with it.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 but I do not believe it is related to any OS in particular because even with MEMTEST running from a floppy it would give faulty memory if...
Check your ram specs. Try bumping up the voltage to 2.0-2.1. If that doesn't stop the bsod's, then check the ram label for timings, or go to kingston's website and see if the timings are listed there. I usually let the motherboard select the timings, but asus boards are picky; sometimes you have to select them in manual mode in the bios. If the suggested timings don't work, increase the numbers; higher numbers are slower but may stop the bsod's.

gs3

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add that I had a similar problem with an ASUS P5Q-SE2 which I bought in the first half of 2010.

I had two 1 GB RAM modules which I installed but I kept getting BSOD crashes. With only one stick at a time it would work fine and MEMTEST would give the RAM module as good but if I installed both at the same time MEMTEST would give errors. It seems the ASUS P5Q-SE2 mobo has a problem with using two modules in dual channel configuration.

Finally I bought a single 2 GB module and the mobo seems to work fine with it.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 but I do not believe it is related to any OS in particular because even with MEMTEST running from a floppy it would give faulty memory if two modules were installed.

As I say, using a single module resolved the issue although probably it makes the computer a bit slower because it cannot take advantage of dual channel configuration.

Solution