wirth87

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Palit GTX 285 2GB

Im pretty new to GFX card overclocking i decided to give it a go. Ive pushed the core clock up to 730mhz shader clock @1662mhz. Whenever i try to take the memory clock above 1300mhz it becomes unstable. From the posts iver read i should be able to get 1400mhz+. Using MSI Afterburner to overclock. Any ideas why it would be an issue above 1300mhz.

Palit GTX 285 2GB
4GB*2 Cosair Vengenace 8-8-8-24 1600
i5 750 @2.8ghz
Gigabyte P55A UD7
Win7

Lutfij

Titan
well bro, we need to first identify which model you currently have. To me it seems like that GPU cooler is the bottleneck. You need to to first understand that heat is the culprit in OC sessions. IF you can't get rid of heat efficiently, you will end up with BSOD's, instability issues and sometimes a damaged goods.

any aftermarket cooler on your GTX285? if not, then you should look for one. One that can later move onto other GPU's in case you decide to upgrade your rig.

My 2 cents:)

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Yeah a new cooler for the GPU is the best bet my friend ::)

Lutfij

Titan
probably that version of the card wasn't meant to run at that OC. The cmponents aren't built to withstand that frequency. You also need to understand that the GPU's power source rrecieves a clean supply of power via Proadlizers...and mosfets. If they aren't high quality parts then they won't give you the desiored output.

So now the bottleneck here is the parts under the cooling shroud.Did you do a google search on how far your card can take on an OC session?

My 2 cents.