Dell vostro 1510 problem

exinct

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
i have dell vostro 1510 laptop but when i turn it on with a power adaptor plugged and sometimes even when on battery it goes off with a clicking sound and i have to remove the battery before it can work again and it some times works with the battery but hangs midway i have never used it fully since then cos it hardly turns on with the above problem (it tries to boot then it goes off,i tried changing the hard disk and ram but this made no differene)

G

Doing a quick Google, it appears that there are some problems with the Vostro 1510 which may require you to contact Dell Tech Support.

Just tell them that it refuses to work correctly and just shuts down shortly after turning it on or just hangs and that there is a clicking sound before it shuts off. Don't tell them that you have tried changing the memory or the drive. Let them suggest this (if they do) so you can tell them that it doesn't work (giving a reasonable amount of time after they suggest it) so they aren't given any reason to deny your warranty.

From what I have seen, there has been motherboard replacements and there has is a known problem with the keyboard among other problems.

Good advice. Don't tell dell you've touched your machine. Just answer the tech's questions about what is wrong. Dell may give you the runaround, but be persistant. And if you really want to get some service, just tell them the machine was smoking. That's a safety issue, so they will replace it without any further hassles. I used to work at dell.

philvostro

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

I have the same problem it just suddenly goes off with a clicking sound and need to remove the battery before i can use it again but sometimes it wont work after removing the batterry. Did you able to find the solution?

luhit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

I have a Dell Vostro 1015 laptop .It does not start up with power button but when I remove the battery and again placed it again it starts normally. A serious problem. Please help.

Luhit Panging
Gogamukh,Assam

johnkennady

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

friend just u connect internet in ur lap and take windows update(150 items will be ther in that near to 200 mb) conformly this problem will be solved i will assure if u have any doubht pls contact me at johnkennady2012@gmail.com k bye