Sign in with
Your question

P7P55D Pro - No UHCI, only EHCI?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 12, 2010 10:32:49 AM

Hello,

My problem is that for my USB controllers (as reported by Device Manager), this motherboard is only showing USB EHCI.

Because the board is using an Intel chipset, my understanding is that there should be both UHCI and EHCI USB controllers. Picture below:

I have a USB device (a PS3 arcade stick) that only works properly on UHCI USB 1.0, not EHCI USB 2.0. It works fine on my other build that uses a Gigabyte motherboard that has both USB 1.0 and 2.0 controllers.

It seems odd to me that there should only be 2 EHCI and 0 UHCI listed in the Device Manager. All of my USB ports seem to work for USB 2.0 devices. is this just the way this board supposed to be, or is something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

More about : p7p55d pro uhci ehci

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 12, 2010 1:23:11 PM

Have you loaded all the service packs for older windows versions, or do you use windows 7? The service packs will load any usb updates that the board uses. If you don't find the controller you need, try your usb devices without it. Or spend a little money to update your usb devices. I just got a wireless keyboard and mouse with usb plug; They were only $5 after rebate at frys.
m
l
January 12, 2010 7:40:59 PM

I use Windows 7 64 bit. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my post.

The particular USB device that requires UHCI cannot be upgraded. I'm wondering if this is a normal configuration for this motherboard (P7P55D Pro) or if something is screwy. If this is just the way it's supposed to be, I'll just get a PCI card with UHCI ports, but I'd rather not use up a PCI slot if I don't have to
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 12:40:04 AM

Some of the new boards have usb 3.0, but I don't know if yours does. May be one reason usb 1.0 no longer works.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 3:41:57 AM

There is typically a setting in bios to enable or disable both standard and enhanced usb ports, not that your board has that.
m
l
January 13, 2010 4:52:44 AM

o1die said:
Some of the new boards have usb 3.0, but I don't know if yours does. May be one reason usb 1.0 no longer works.

This board DOES have USB 3.0
m
l
!