Overclocking asrock k10n78 motherboard

moondog65

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
I am looking to find correct settings for overclocking an amd phenom 2 black edition quad 3.2 ghz i think 965. I downloaded the asrock overclock tuner software for this motherboard.I need to know how much to bump up voltage per 100 mhz incriments and all the other settings again per 100mhz.right now I only bumped it up 100 mhz and only 5 volts on the chipset i don't want to mess around too much untill I know exactly what I am doing cause I can't afford to replace it.It is very stable at 3.3 ghz I only want to go up to 3.6 ghz. I am running a coolmaster case air cooled and my ram is 6 gb pc-2 5300 using dual chanel mode hope this info helps and I can get some good advice thanks

moondog65

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
I do have much to learn that is why I am here asking for help?. I guess i stepped the voltage up only 1/2 volt? I am running my phenom at 16.5 on the multiplyer instead of the priginal 16.0 and I am not messing with it untill I learn more so 3.3 ghz instaed of 3.2 ghz and it is stable. I returned voltage to original settings. and I am reading and learning more each day.Everyone here learned at one point.