Problems with 9500GT

kenny8076

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i just inserted my 9500GT and when i put the cd in to install it after a couple seconds downloading the drivers it
says "have a problem loading baseline.npe" and stops with the install does anyone know what that is?
i have a xps 400 and it should work fine. it told me to contact the manufacturer because it doesnt have the XP logo
marked? what the hell does that mean?

kenny8076

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
ya i did that and everything seems to be working nice but the thing still pope up in a box, it just did again "nTuneCmd..............there has been probkem loading baseline.npe"

kenny8076

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
na the card is good, ive been ready alot of people have had this problem and some people and responded with cures but are not user friendly, they dont explain how to get rid of it very well. it ahs something to do with ntune. if anyone know a good walkthrough a post would be great. its an xfx card

beninchi

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Yes, I would recommend uninstalling all Nvidia system tools or Ntune and reinstall the drivers without them. Ntune never worked for me and always gave me errors or fuzzy screens.

kenny8076

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
if i oc my card with ntune, can i set it back to factory settings and then uninstall it? i oc the 9500 from 600 to like 705 and 1000 to 1015. it idles at about 45C and when i play cod4 with all settings up it stays arouns 62C. is that ok? or too hot?

kenny8076

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
ya last night i uninstalled Ntune and downloaded rivatuner, did the same OC as stated before. i cant find the gpu temps on rivatune, i found where you can control the fan but no where does it tell me temps. i liked that about Ntune, does anyone know of a good gpu temp. site or if rivatuner has that imformation?

wolf_man666

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I know how you feel, I Have same thing with L4D and Titan quest. sometimes it plays for a bit then fuzzy or BSOD, can end task but windows 7 has fuzzy effect (kinda looks like AA filtering gone ferral)
Tried multiple drivers and No Drivers but no option or combination works. Did work for a bit when i defaulted my bios (GA-G31M-ES2L rev1 MOBO) but presto there was that pain again.

I Used the LATEST Win7 driver too and no Ntune. Card works with passmark benchmark and in windows (if i don't load a game).

My PSU is 460w Gigabyte, i think the 12v rail might be 1 or 2A below spec for card but i underclock CPU(E8400) and only run one HDD with no CD/DVD. Also left RAM at 667MHz (detected that way but DDR2 800)

I almost feel like Throwing my computa (my baby) through the wall.

Funny thing is when i put back in my previous 7600GS everything runs smooth (with respect to the slower GPU of the 7600)

Please can somebody give me an idea, Maybe my efforts will work for someone else.
I cant think of anything else to do but swap every part in my machine one by one (or try card in another computer)

Thankyou everyone.

wolf_man666

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I figured it out, everything seems to be working now since i removed a 'faulty' RAM stick. Windows 7 said there were errors in a memory diagnostic, so i tried one at a time and one is still ok.
I tried playing Titan Quest and it worked fine, Just gotta try L4D now. YAY :)

If we don't fix it if its not broke, then we wont ever make it go faster.