Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 280 out of production?!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 9, 2009 3:38:27 AM

Hello I own a evga gtx 280 which i bought about 6 months ago...i was looking to SLI it so i went on newegg,amazon, tigerdirect to check prices so i can buy one...but i can not find it anywhere..only refurbished or stock is currently unavailable..is there something going on with the gtx 280 that i need to know about? out of production?!? i saw one of amazon but it was going for 600+$ which is twice the amount i paid for my first one...something is weird...can any1 fill me in???

More about : gtx 280 production

August 9, 2009 3:41:32 AM

Just get the GTX 285 same thing it will just adjust to the GTX 280 clocks.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2009 9:47:45 AM

That is the green team for you.
Get the gtx 285 as bpogdowz said. A better card for around the same price.
m
l
August 9, 2009 12:14:33 PM

riingo said:
Hello I own a evga gtx 280 which i bought about 6 months ago...i was looking to SLI it so i went on newegg,amazon, tigerdirect to check prices so i can buy one...but i can not find it anywhere..only refurbished or stock is currently unavailable..is there something going on with the gtx 280 that i need to know about? out of production?!? i saw one of amazon but it was going for 600+$ which is twice the amount i paid for my first one...something is weird...can any1 fill me in???

If you still wish for the Evga GTX 280 I found some, but it is on EBay.

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/Graphics-Video-TV-Cards-...

Hope this helps you out.
m
l
August 9, 2009 2:57:39 PM

/facepalm

Do NOT buy the GTX285 hoping to be able to SLI with your GTX280. They are NOT the same and it will not work.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out for a recertified model or eBay.
m
l
August 9, 2009 9:17:35 PM

B-Unit said:
/facepalm

Do NOT buy the GTX285 hoping to be able to SLI with your GTX280. They are NOT the same and it will not work.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out for a recertified model or eBay.

+1 that is correct. The 280 and 285 are not the same cards.
m
l
!