Sign in with
Your question

Dvd does not see disk will not boot when checked says all is ok

Last response: in Windows XP
December 28, 2011 11:11:07 AM

hello on my xp home ( this is on 4 differant comps )after inserting the dvd it will not be found, it sometimes can be activated by round about ways but to insert it will not find the disk yet it says it is working and ok i have re zoned as well with no luck, pulled the dvd out re-booted, shut down and reinstalled the dvd with no change in it,s be haveour. I even ordered a sata drive (dvd ) with same results . I am so stumped on this as has been on going for last 6 or more months help and thanks for any ideas
if you do

More about : dvd disk boot checked

December 28, 2011 1:03:50 PM

gordongalbraith said:
hello on my xp home ( this is on 4 differant comps )after inserting the dvd it will not be found, it sometimes can be activated by round about ways but to insert it will not find the disk yet it says it is working and ok i have re zoned as well with no luck, pulled the dvd out re-booted, shut down and reinstalled the dvd with no change in it,s be haveour. I even ordered a sata drive (dvd ) with same results . I am so stumped on this as has been on going for last 6 or more months help and thanks for any ideas
if you do

To me, your post is confusing ! Are you talking about the actual DVD media or the hard drive itself ? Not sure what re-zoned means either.

What is the current drive (you said you ordered Sata. What is installed ?
December 28, 2011 3:44:03 PM

to answer your questions :were talking media the dvd was replaced with a new dvd drive, rezoned is the area the dvd will work number 1 being USA and Canada .
The dvd is a sata hook-up not ide
!