Hellooooooo

Hello? Hello?

My it's strange how this place echoes when it's empty.

OK I'm sitting here watching the tumbleweed blow by and I'm bored.

Where IS everyone? I had a report to do at the end of last week, took my
eye off you for 5 minutes and everyone's left. Bloody hell.

C'mon guys - I've been reduced to reading the spam.

(Or maybe my ISP gone on the blink? - nothing new there then).

I'd do you a report on my sims' doings but I haven't actually played in
days. Apparently it was hotter here in the UK than it was in the Caribbean
yesterday. Too much for us Brits - I think I'm going to go and lie in the
bath and fill it with cold water and read the paper.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> Where IS everyone? I had a report to do at the end of last week, took my
> eye off you for 5 minutes and everyone's left. Bloody hell.

I was away from the computer all weekend.

But since my last report, McBurney, Emerald and Hilar have gone off to
college. The twins Cochlea and Cornea are thriving, and their new little
brother (green with strawberry blond hair) Pylori is happily bashing his
bunny. Two days away from turning into an Elder, Frank has risky
woohoo'd in the hot tub and knocked up Dana again. This will probably be
her last. Dana is of course a family sim, and is interested in seeing 6
of the kids get hitched before she goes permamently platinum. I'm not
sure who they'll marry, because they can't marry any of their cousins,
so that means all aliens are right out.

-georg

georg wrote:
> Maxon wrote:
>
>> Where IS everyone? I had a report to do at the end of last week,
>> took my eye off you for 5 minutes and everyone's left. Bloody hell.
>
> I was away from the computer all weekend.
>
> But since my last report, McBurney, Emerald and Hilar have gone off to
> college. The twins Cochlea and Cornea are thriving, and their new
> little brother (green with strawberry blond hair) Pylori is happily
> bashing his bunny. Two days away from turning into an Elder, Frank
> has risky woohoo'd in the hot tub and knocked up Dana again. This
> will probably be her last. Dana is of course a family sim, and is
> interested in seeing 6 of the kids get hitched before she goes
> permamently platinum. I'm not sure who they'll marry, because they
> can't marry any of their cousins, so that means all aliens are right
> out.
>
> -georg

You can always create some smashingly beautiful young adult sims and have
them meet up at University. That's one way to make your family trees fork
again. And, if you use the boolprop cheat or download the unlocked Maxis
skins, you can even make some aliens with new blood to further your
green-toned sims.

Jeanie

Maxon wrote:
> Hello? Hello?
>
> My it's strange how this place echoes when it's empty.
>
> OK I'm sitting here watching the tumbleweed blow by and I'm bored.
>
> Where IS everyone? I had a report to do at the end of last week,
> took my eye off you for 5 minutes and everyone's left. Bloody hell.
>
> C'mon guys - I've been reduced to reading the spam.
>
> (Or maybe my ISP gone on the blink? - nothing new there then).
>
> I'd do you a report on my sims' doings but I haven't actually played
> in days. Apparently it was hotter here in the UK than it was in the
> Caribbean yesterday. Too much for us Brits - I think I'm going to go
> and lie in the bath and fill it with cold water and read the paper.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

I have had a busy weekend. Husband home, Father's Day, yard work, that sort
of thing. 'Tis Monday again, though, and I can sneak in to play the sims
again, I think.

Jeanie

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:29:27 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I'd do you a report on my sims' doings but I haven't actually played in
>days. Apparently it was hotter here in the UK than it was in the Caribbean
>yesterday. Too much for us Brits - I think I'm going to go and lie in the
>bath and fill it with cold water and read the paper.

You bastards stole our high-pressures! In norway we've had one of the
coldest summers in memory.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> You bastards stole our high-pressures! In norway we've had one of the
> coldest summers in memory.

LOL - You can have them back if you want, I got badly burnt on saturday and
was dreading a French exam in a boiling hall today, but luckily we had it in
an air conditioned room :). It's too hot here, over 30°C (86°F) at times.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> > You bastards stole our high-pressures! In norway we've had one of the
> coldest summers in memory.

We had been having a cold summer here on the West Coast of Canada but today
they say it will get up to 28 C. I prefer it cold.

Gareeth

It's COOOOOOOOOOLD down here in Aus! I swear, next person to say the
words 'Global Warming' gets a thermometer jammed up their nose. (Oh and
before anyone says that I'm just soft and can't hack anything below 10C
- well, you're right! But my brother came over from England 2 years
ago and on New Year's eve - traditionally a very hot night here - all
of us were well rugged up and freezing! And THEN we went to Kangaroo
Island where there is nothing between you and Antartica but a lot of
cold water and wind. He relearnt the meaning of cold when we went on a
penguin tour one night down there)

I don't feel like I've had a real summer for about 3 years, although
this year was better (we actually hit 40C a couple times) but where are
my heatwaves?! Where are my 19 days straight of 40C+? Stop stealing my
hot weather England!

Meanwhile, in Pleasantview, Cassandra Goth finally caught Don Goth with
Nina Caliente and sent him packing. The next day, Cassandra married
Darren Dreamer in a quiet ceremony on the lot with only the nanny
watching. She's pregnant with his baby now, although a certain
twins/triplets/quads hack may throw her life into chaos (I love
randomise).

Courtesy of Pescado's no free lunch hack, Don had a measly $3000 to his
name so the coward moved in with Nina and the kids. After Mortimer
died, Dina moved out with her kids (taking a cool $200,000 with her
thanks to the same hack) so was able to live in the manner to which she
had so completely become accustomed. She only had to show headmaster
Vince the lounge and dining room of the house and he let the kids
straight in (after consuming a fabulous pork chop meal)! She hadn't
even been able to show him the really cool rooms upstairs before he
decided it was a fantastic house. It was my quickest admission into
private school ever, short of cheating.

Brandi Broke-Riffraff has had a set of twins, Bart and Beatrice, after
Bridget, bringing her tally up to 6 children, and Matt's to 5. To make
room for these new arrivals, Beau Broke and the Riffraff girls, Kayla
and Layla moved out to college with Lucy Burb and Layla's current
boyfriend, Peter Pips. Both of them are thinking about moving on
though. They like each other, and I'm sure they'll woo-hoo at some
point, but they're both romance sims and who wants to get tied down at
this age? (Aside from Dustin Broke and Angela Pleasant, Dirk Dreamer
and Lilith Pleasant and who knows who else).

Hey, just remembered, when Cass threw Don out, even though he left the
lot, his icon stayed in the game, gradually going from a healthy green,
to a sickening yellow, as if his needs were all steadily dropping and I
couldn't do a thing about it because I couldn't select him. I was half
afraid that he was going to die (and I don't want that just yet :D) so
I saved, quit to the neighbourhood and went back to the Goth house and
his icon was gone. Yay. So is that a bug?

~*~
vecki

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:09:00 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
<spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

>LOL - You can have them back if you want, I got badly burnt on saturday and
>was dreading a French exam in a boiling hall today, but luckily we had it in
>an air conditioned room :). It's too hot here, over 30°C (86°F) at times.

We only crossed over 20C a couple of days ago!

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:09:00 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
> <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:
>

>>LOL - You can have them back if you want, I got badly burnt on saturday and
>>was dreading a French exam in a boiling hall today, but luckily we had it in
>>an air conditioned room :). It's too hot here, over 30°C (86°F) at times.
>

> We only crossed over 20C a couple of days ago!

It finlly cooled off to 60F for a few days after our 80+ humid weather.
I like wearing slippers to work more than letting my feets be nekkid.

-georg
(yes, I work at home)

It has been unseasonably warm down here in Texas too. Were supposed to get
back to seasonable weather later this week, but its always hot here in the
summer anyway!

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:09:00 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
> <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:
>
>>LOL - You can have them back if you want, I got badly burnt on saturday
>>and
>>was dreading a French exam in a boiling hall today, but luckily we had it
>>in
>>an air conditioned room :). It's too hot here, over 30°C (86°F) at times.
>
> We only crossed over 20C a couple of days ago!

Here in Quebec Canada, we had four days staight of 40C+ with a lot of
humidity...and by the way,where is NSW?
> Hello? Hello?
>
> My it's strange how this place echoes when it's empty.
>
> OK I'm sitting here watching the tumbleweed blow by and I'm bored.
>
> Where IS everyone? I had a report to do at the end of last week, took my
> eye off you for 5 minutes and everyone's left. Bloody hell.
>
> C'mon guys - I've been reduced to reading the spam.
>
> (Or maybe my ISP gone on the blink? - nothing new there then).
>
> I'd do you a report on my sims' doings but I haven't actually played in
> days. Apparently it was hotter here in the UK than it was in the
Caribbean
> yesterday. Too much for us Brits - I think I'm going to go and lie in the
> bath and fill it with cold water and read the paper.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

They are talking australia :)

"claire veilleux" <cveilleux@lynxx.net> wrote in message
> Here in Quebec Canada, we had four days staight of 40C+ with a lot of
> humidity...and by the way,where is NSW?
>> Hello? Hello?
>>
>> My it's strange how this place echoes when it's empty.
>>
>> OK I'm sitting here watching the tumbleweed blow by and I'm bored.
>>
>> Where IS everyone? I had a report to do at the end of last week, took my
>> eye off you for 5 minutes and everyone's left. Bloody hell.
>>
>> C'mon guys - I've been reduced to reading the spam.
>>
>> (Or maybe my ISP gone on the blink? - nothing new there then).
>>
>> I'd do you a report on my sims' doings but I haven't actually played in
>> days. Apparently it was hotter here in the UK than it was in the
> Caribbean
>> yesterday. Too much for us Brits - I think I'm going to go and lie in
>> the
>> bath and fill it with cold water and read the paper.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Maxon

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Not sure where in Aus you are, but everyone around me in complaining of this
cold weather, I love it lol. Better than not being able to move due to heat
in my opinion. Oh, I'm in NSW anyway.
Beck.
"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> and Layla moved out to college with Lucy Burb and Layla's current
> boyfriend, Peter Pips. Both of them are thinking about moving on
> though. They like each other, and I'm sure they'll woo-hoo at some
> point, but they're both romance sims and who wants to get tied down at
> this age? (Aside from Dustin Broke and Angela Pleasant, Dirk Dreamer
> and Lilith Pleasant and who knows who else).
>
> Hey, just remembered, when Cass threw Don out, even though he left the
> lot, his icon stayed in the game, gradually going from a healthy green,
> to a sickening yellow, as if his needs were all steadily dropping and I
> couldn't do a thing about it because I couldn't select him. I was half
> afraid that he was going to die (and I don't want that just yet :D) so
> I saved, quit to the neighbourhood and went back to the Goth house and
> his icon was gone. Yay. So is that a bug?

strider

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:52:16 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:29:27 GMT, "Maxon"
><jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>I'd do you a report on my sims' doings but I haven't actually played in
>>days. Apparently it was hotter here in the UK than it was in the Caribbean
>>yesterday. Too much for us Brits - I think I'm going to go and lie in the
>>bath and fill it with cold water and read the paper.
>
>You bastards stole our high-pressures! In norway we've had one of the
>coldest summers in memory.

Only in the south, June's been hot enough here in the north:)

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

NSW = New South Wales (most people know where that is when you mention that
it is the state where Sydney is).
Beck.

Beck wrote:

> NSW = New South Wales (most people know where that is when you mention that
> it is the state where Sydney is).
> Beck.

I was thinking North-South-West, but relieved to know it isn't so...
well, it makes more sense than that....

-georg
comfortable today at 65F and sunny

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

lol that's ok.
What is 65F in Celsius? I never get these right.
Beck.
> Beck wrote:
>
>> NSW = New South Wales (most people know where that is when you mention
>> that it is the state where Sydney is).
>> Beck.
>
> I was thinking North-South-West, but relieved to know it isn't so... well,
> it makes more sense than that....
>
> -georg
> comfortable today at 65F and sunny

What, you want me to do math? It's XF - 32, then 5 degrees Celcius = 9
degrees Farenheit, so XF-32/9*5=XC.

Beck wrote:
> lol that's ok.
> What is 65F in Celsius? I never get these right.
> Beck.

I never do either. That's why I have this page bookmarked.

http://people.uncw.edu/dixonrd/tempconv.htm

Jeanie

georg wrote:
> What, you want me to do math? It's XF - 32, then 5 degrees Celcius = 9
> degrees Farenheit, so XF-32/9*5=XC.

Thats just confusing

F=1.8C+32
rearanged: C=(F-32)/1.8

eg 50°F-32=18
18/1.8=10°C

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

What, you want me to understand math? lol. Never mind :eek:)

> What, you want me to do math? It's XF - 32, then 5 degrees Celcius = 9
> degrees Farenheit, so XF-32/9*5=XC.
>
> Beck wrote:
>
>> lol that's ok.
>> What is 65F in Celsius? I never get these right.
>> Beck.
>> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

>>>I was thinking North-South-West, but relieved to know it isn't so...
>>>well, it makes more sense than that....
>>>
>>>-georg
>>>comfortable today at 65F and sunny

Well, think about 32F as 0C, and roughly 10F = a wee over 5C. So that's
what 20C or 22C as something comfortable?

Beck wrote:

> What, you want me to understand math? lol. Never mind :eek:)
>
> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>What, you want me to do math? It's XF - 32, then 5 degrees Celcius = 9
>>degrees Farenheit, so XF-32/9*5=XC.
>>
>>Beck wrote:
>>

>>>lol that's ok.
>>>What is 65F in Celsius? I never get these right.
>>>Beck.
>>>"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

oh ok. my head hurts lol.

> Well, think about 32F as 0C, and roughly 10F = a wee over 5C. So that's
> what 20C or 22C as something comfortable?
>
> Beck wrote:
>
>> What, you want me to understand math? lol. Never mind :eek:)
>>
>> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>What, you want me to do math? It's XF - 32, then 5 degrees Celcius = 9
>>>degrees Farenheit, so XF-32/9*5=XC.

I'm in Adelaide, SA (South Australia). You know, the one in between
Victoria and Western Australia that everybody else forgets about :p.
We have an inferiority complex down here lol.

But we've had a month's worth of rain in the past three days! And to
think last week everyone thought it was going to be the driest June on
record! Bah at weathermen! And girls! Bah I say!

~*~
vecki