Which mobos support 4 DIMMS of DDR3 running Triple Channel?

actually i am using a laptop and when i type sometimes i hit the mouse pad and the cursor goes somewhere else, that was the edit
though i will admit i did misread the OP and thought it said 4 dimm slots (but what i typed was the same)

there were about 4 or 5 of these boards at launch, now newegg has this one and i think an intel board

4745454b

Titan
LOL, I do the same thing on my laptop. What makes it worse is when everything get highlighted and I end up erasing half my post.

You can't populate four dimm slots and have it work in triple channel. It won't work. Does anyone know if it would work in dual channel mode at least?

i don't think it will work in dual channel

for slots you have 1A,1B,1C,2A, the ABC give you triple channel, when using the 2A you are using single

though i don't know this for sure, but i imagine this is how it is

might have to dl the manual and look at it

bridarshy

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
OP here. This is from one manual:
The questions is if it is actually triple channel, or if their is a sacrifice in bandwidth by it being forced to run that way.

This motherboard provides four DDR3 memory sockets and supports Dual/3 Channel Technology. After the memory is installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the specifications and capacity of the memory. Dual or 3 Channel memory mode may double or triple the original memory bandwidth.
The four DDR3 memory sockets are divided into three channels:
Channel 0: DDR3_1
Channel 1: DDR3_4
Channel 2: DDR3_2, DDR3_3

Dual Channel--
1. Dual Channel mode cannot be enabled if only one DDR3 memory module is installed.
2. When enabling Dual Channel mode with two modules, it is recommended that memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used. When enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, be sure to install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_4 or DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets.
3 Channel--
1. 3 Channel mode cannot be enabled if only one or two DDR3 memory modules are installed.
2. When enabling 3 Channel mode with three or four modules, it is recommended that memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used. When enabling 3 Channel mode with three memory modules, be sure to install them in the DDR3_1, DDR3_2 and DDR3_4 sockets.