holengard

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I need help pls

I got this message Irql Less Or not Not equal.Whenever i tried to open my pc it pops out and i already tried in safe mode.Is there anyway to fix it cuz i need to reformat it,cuz i have Trojan because of AVG

viper200

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
so when u open my computer as in (my compter desktop icon) u get bsod IRQL_Less_Or_Not_equal?

normally this error can mean
bad memory sticks
bad cpu
or bad video card / or drivers

some information on you're pc please
Example

Cpu Type am or intel
motherboard
gpu type/ make
memory
if u dont know how to find this information good ( cpuz) program it will show u

to test memory if u have more than 1 stick eg if u have 3x 1 gig sicks of ram take out 2 sticks and see if u get bsod?
if so take it out and sit it aside and put next stick and go on and on to u find and eliminate the bad stick
also check and update graphics card drivers

holengard

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
no not My computer the icon one i mean the Computer itself.Whenever i tried to go to safe mode,safe mode with command prompt and all whatsover.I already tried disable Shadowing,Caching

viper200

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
test ram sticks
or use back up software to get in with out entering os to back up ur files
or just format and wipe all
but u should test hardware first 2 see if its whats causing the bsod (could be the virus)

jujukos

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
If it happens during boot up , it could mean that you need to change your motherboard's battery because the Bios cannot keep the board's configuration in memory . Worth a try if all else fails .

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
the battery only holds the bios settings when the computer is off.
if it posts its not a battery problem.

reinstall windows, that error message is usually a bad driver or windows issue.

it can also be as mentioned:

Bad videocard
Bad motherboard
Bad Memory
Bad cpu

but its usually a driver/windows issue.

holengard

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
TNX GUYS BUT I CONTACTED MY Technician and said my motherboard is dead so i need to buy a new can u tell me a affordable but good motherboard