Sign in with
Your question

How to skip raid startup

Last response: in Storage
April 18, 2011 9:49:05 PM

Hi i have set up a raid 0 on my computer but every time i start my computer up i have to wait for the raid screen to load the hard drive, is there a way i can skip this?

More about : skip raid startup

a b G Storage
April 18, 2011 10:28:01 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Enter to your BIOS and look for the "Quick boot" options, enable it and try again.
m
l
a c 180 G Storage
April 19, 2011 3:32:41 AM

forimer said:
Hi i have set up a raid 0 on my computer but every time i start my computer up i have to wait for the raid screen to load the hard drive, is there a way i can skip this?

You might want to rethink using raid-0. For most desktop users, there is no meaningful performance gain. Why mess with the issues?
m
l
Related resources
April 23, 2011 3:27:50 PM

Hi well the fact is i have already set up raid-0 so i think it is a little late for that, but for some reason I can not git into bios on start up it ignores me when I hit (tab). know why this might be, i know ive been in bios before.

Thanks for both of your answers though I appreciate it.
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
April 23, 2011 3:34:12 PM

Are you sure that it's the <tab> key that you need to use to get into the BIOS? On a lot of systems it's the <Del> key, <F2> key, or some other special key.
m
l
a b G Storage
April 24, 2011 6:01:57 PM

^Agree, usually the TAB key is the key used for show all that you say, at least in Gigabytes mobos.
m
l
April 24, 2011 10:47:45 PM

I have an ASUS
m
l
April 24, 2011 10:58:41 PM

NVM i got it i had to press tab on the raid screen. But quick boot was already enabled I fixed the problem by changing a setting from "FORCEBIOS" to "Current"

Thanks so much for the help everyone.
m
l
!