Help with E7300 overclock

PILLAGER

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I need some help to overclock my e7300 to 3ghz because some of the games i want to play lag if the cpu is below 3ghz. would overclocking to 3ghz fix this?
my pc hardware:

c2d e7300
Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 (the board accepts ddr1 and ddr2 with 2gb limit) P2.20 BIOS
1x 2gb stick off ddr2 PC2-6400 (400 MHz) kingston
HD4890 1gb vtx3d
be quiet 530w psu
win 7 32bit ultimate

ive never overclocked before and i wil be getting an athlon 2 x3 (or maybe btter depending on what toms hardware budget cpu says at the time) in a couple of months with new mobo and ram but i just wanted to overclock this until i get it. i cant really afford to do damage to my psu and graphics card so is there any chance overclocking would damage them?

i need step by step instructions as i dont know what im doing plus i heard you need to mess around with the ram also to do it. also would it require wiping my hdd and fresh install of windows?

any help will be appreciated thanks

PILLAGER

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
i have gone into bios and locked pcie, agp and pci to their standard frequencies and also disabled spread spectrum as i read it is more trouble than its worth. only thing left is the multiplier and fsb. i can change the fsb if i want i tried it but i didnt see anything about ram fsb ratio in the bios, as i understand it should be kept at 1:1
please can someone explain what i should do next i only want it to go to 3ghz

PILLAGER

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
i set the fsb to 300 and left the dram fequency on auto, opened cpuz it said 300 fsb for cpu and also ram 1:1 ratio, i ran prime95 and after 1min it stops HARDWARE FAILURE FATAL ERROR thought this weak overclock is supposed to be easy and it is giving me trouble?

PILLAGER

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
CAN PEOPLE SEE THIS PAGE? ITS BEEN HERE ALL DAY AND NO REPLY can someone reply just to prove others can see it thx