Sign in with
Your question

Can\'t restore my programs after virus

Last response: in Windows XP
December 28, 2011 7:39:42 PM

My programs are hidden... How do I restore them?

More about : restore programs virus

December 29, 2011 5:53:15 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Putting four posts on about the same subject doesn't usually get you quicker or better answers.

Go into C:\Windows\System32 and find the file cmd.exe and right click it then highlight RunAs Administrator. That brings up a Command Prompt which wll do more than the one you get with your own account from tje Winndows key plus R method of opening the Open box.

Type the following, including spaces:- regsvr32 /i shell32.dll then hit Enter. Type Exit and hit Enter then restart the computer. Post back for more detailed Registry fixes for this problem if that didn't do the trick.

m
l
December 29, 2011 10:12:12 AM

Plz alway be descriptive.
i think you have hide something and want to unhide them, if so then go to My computer > tools > folder options > View >click on "show hidden files and folders" and apply.
your hidden files will be shown up.
m
l
December 30, 2011 5:36:54 AM

Unfortunately, some of the malware that hides files also blanks ot the Options page in that View menu. I was working on one such when I posted the above and I still haven't figured out how they did that or how to get it back. They also blank the Programmes menu and lots of other places. It's hard to unhide folders if you don't know their name.

m
l
Related resources
!