Sims 1: Just Curious?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 20, 2005 2:40:49 PM

Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL

I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
computer and try once in a while to play?
I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
way. :(

Betty

More about : sims curious

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:31:37 PM

Betty wrote:
> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
> computer and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
> a way. :(
>
> Betty

I reinstalled them on my new computer, just to get the music to put into my
Sims 2 game. My son, however, really prefers to play Sims 1, and misses the
families we made for them way back when I was spending many more hours
playing. These days I download houses rather than build them and that saves
me time.

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 8:41:17 PM

Betty wrote:

> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
> computer and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
> way. :(

No room on the hard drive.

I may, when I get a new hard drive. I may not.

If I do, I'm skipping unleashed.

-georg
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:36:47 PM

Hi

I have them all up to Superstar,
still play them a lot, seems a shame not to..

My favourite expansion has to be Hot Date though, that added loads to the
game...
Julia

> Betty wrote:
>
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
>> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their computer
>> and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
>> way. :(
>
> No room on the hard drive.
>
> I may, when I get a new hard drive. I may not.
>
> If I do, I'm skipping unleashed.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:54:34 PM

Betty wrote:
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
> computer and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
> a way. :(

I ran over my Unleashed Cd with my computer chair right before Sims2 came
out. I did briefly find a no cd patch so I could keep playing during the
time leading up to Sims2 but since then I have had a reformat so if I did
reinstall Sims1 it would be without Unleashed which would make it not v3ery
worthwhile.

Gareeth
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:31:46 AM

"SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
> Betty wrote:
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
>> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>> computer and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
>> a way. :(
>>
>> Betty
>
> I reinstalled them on my new computer, just to get the music to put into
> my Sims 2 game. My son, however, really prefers to play Sims 1, and
> misses the families we made for them way back when I was spending many
> more hours playing. These days I download houses rather than build them
> and that saves me time.
>

> ---
> Michelle
> (SeaShel)
>
> free the fish to reply
>Hi

I love the build/buy music from the sims 1, and house party
the only one that really gets on my nerves is the music from Vacation, LOL

Julia
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 6:32:23 AM

Betty wrote:
> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
> computer and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
> way. :(
>
> Betty

I still have Sim 1 on my set, but only because I haven't gotten around
to taking it off. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (it's crammed
full of stuff and still only half full--it's HUGE) but I'll probably
remove the game at some point anyway. I tried playing it a few times
since installing S2 and you're right, I can't imagine whatever held my
interest. Like comparing a Model T after you've flown on the Concorde.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

> Betty wrote:
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
>> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their computer
>> and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
>> way. :(
>>
>> Betty
>
> I still have Sim 1 on my set, but only because I haven't gotten around to
> taking it off. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (it's crammed full
> of stuff and still only half full--it's HUGE) but I'll probably remove the
> game at some point anyway. I tried playing it a few times since
> installing S2 and you're right, I can't imagine whatever held my interest.
> Like comparing a Model T after you've flown on the Concorde.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Ahh, but a lot of what we liked with sims1 were the addons that others made
for it. I still remember my graveyard with 'hidden' love rugs among the
graves. My sims loved that place, lol.

My favorite expansion pack was Living Large because of the genie, lol. I
liked Unleashed too and I wanted MM, but never got it, yet.
All the others, I could do without.
I just may install sims, living large, unleashed and makin magic only, if I
get it.

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:57:41 AM

"Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
> computer and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
> way. :(
>
> Betty

I just can't uninstall it. I try but my arm won't let me. Sometimes I fire
it up and play but everything looks so flat. I still love my little
simmies, though.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:37:34 PM

I uninstalled mine quite a while back but I've recreated my favourite sims
for Sims 2.

Best wishes
Maxon

"meanornerywench" <mean@ornery.wench> wrote in message

> I just can't uninstall it. I try but my arm won't let me. Sometimes I
fire
> it up and play but everything looks so flat. I still love my little
> simmies, though.

June 21, 2005 1:38:18 PM

> Betty wrote:
>
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
>> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>> computer and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
>> a way. :(
>
> No room on the hard drive.
>
> I may, when I get a new hard drive. I may not.
>
> If I do, I'm skipping unleashed.
>
> -georg

Awe, I think my favorite was Unleashed. LOL Now, I have those cute
little toddlers
to deal with.

Betty
June 21, 2005 1:39:21 PM

"Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p 8Dte.40152$Vj3.29751@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi
>
> I have them all up to Superstar,
> still play them a lot, seems a shame not to..
>
> My favourite expansion has to be Hot Date though, that added loads to
> the game...
> Julia

Yes, I wish now I'd installed Hot Date but hate to start over
re-installing. LOL

Betty
June 21, 2005 1:42:56 PM

> Betty wrote:
>>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>> computer and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
>> a way. :(
>>
> I ran over my Unleashed Cd with my computer chair right before Sims2
> came out. I did briefly find a no cd patch so I could keep playing
> during the time leading up to Sims2 but since then I have had a
> reformat so if I did reinstall Sims1 it would be without Unleashed
> which would make it not v3ery worthwhile.
>
> Gareeth

I know what you mean. I didn't care for Vacation but did like the new
objects and stuff
that came with it. I am still wondering why it wouldn't re-install. :(
Maybe I had the CD laying in the dust mites too long?? LOL

Betty
June 21, 2005 1:45:43 PM

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
message news:42B77C3C.1060407@earthlink.net...
> Betty wrote:
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
>> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>> computer and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
>> a way. :(
>>
>> Betty
>
> I still have Sim 1 on my set, but only because I haven't gotten around
> to taking it off. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (it's crammed
> full of stuff and still only half full--it's HUGE) but I'll probably
> remove the game at some point anyway. I tried playing it a few times
> since installing S2 and you're right, I can't imagine whatever held my
> interest. Like comparing a Model T after you've flown on the
> Concorde.
>
> --
> --Cuth

LOL how true! When Sims 3 comes out, we'll probably think the same about
Sims 2 reckon??

Betty
June 21, 2005 1:48:06 PM

"meanornerywench" <mean@ornery.wench> wrote in message

> "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
>> the
>> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>> computer and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
>> way. :(
>>
>> Betty
>>

> I just can't uninstall it. I try but my arm won't let me. Sometimes
> I fire
> it up and play but everything looks so flat. I still love my little
> simmies, though.

I kinda feel the same now, after all that re-installing the other day, I
hate to uninstall right now.

Betty
June 21, 2005 6:02:39 PM

I still have Sims 1 and all EP's installed because I haven't had the heart
to uninstall yet lol. It wont be long though.
Beck.

"Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care though
> and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their computer
> and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
> way. :(
>
> Betty

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:03:50 PM

Betty wrote:
> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
> computer and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
> a way. :(
>
> Betty

I got rid of Sims1 a while before I bought Sims2. Playing it after the new
game came out made me feel left out, somehow. LOL All the chatter in this
group and the pictures in the binaries group were from the new game and I
just got rid of the old one and saved my pennies until I could afford to buy
the new one. Plus, I had to buy extra RDRAM, too, so the saving took a
while.

Jeanie
June 21, 2005 9:30:23 PM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:40:49 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
>EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
>I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>computer and try once in a while to play?

I do, I still think Sims 2 is a lot more boring than Sims 1.
June 22, 2005 1:42:18 AM

I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire to
go back.
The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
Sage

"Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care though
> and decided not to install Hot Date either.
> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>
> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their computer
> and try once in a while to play?
> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
> way. :(
>
> Betty

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:10:15 AM

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
> I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire
> to go back.
> The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
> Sage

I have gone retrograde and just ordered The Watchmaker. I am hoping it will
sort of wean me off Sims for at least a couple of hours. 8(((

GG

> "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
>> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>
>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their computer
>> and try once in a while to play?
>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
>> way. :(
>>
>> Betty

June 22, 2005 4:24:17 AM

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
>> I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire
>> to go back.
>> The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
>> Sage
>
> I have gone retrograde and just ordered The Watchmaker. I am hoping it
> will sort of wean me off Sims for at least a couple of hours. 8(((

GOOD Luck! (But then, we'll miss you!)
I don't know what it would take to wean me off my Sims.;-o)
Sage

> GG
>>
>> "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
>>> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
>>> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
>>> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
>>> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
>>> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
>>> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
>>>
>>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
>>> computer and try once in a while to play?
>>> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
>>> way. :(
>>>
>>> Betty

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:47:29 AM

>>>I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
>>> I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire
>>> to go back.
>>> The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
>>> Sage
>>
>> I have gone retrograde and just ordered The Watchmaker. I am hoping it
>> will sort of wean me off Sims for at least a couple of hours. 8(((
>
> GOOD Luck! (But then, we'll miss you!)
> I don't know what it would take to wean me off my Sims.;-o)

Heck, I'm not going anywhere! Or was that a hint? But being Sim-fixated
comes in waves. I really need something new to excite my interest instead of
trying to break my 90 move record in easy Spider solitaire.

You want a shudder? What about:
I got rhythm,' said Girsh, winniningly. - -Two Girshes with one stone. 8)
And 'Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs Worthington,' said Noel,
cowardly.
GG.
!