Sims 1: Just Curious?

Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL

I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
computer and try once in a while to play?
I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
way. :(

Betty
21 answers Last reply
More about sims curious

    Betty wrote:
    > Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
    > the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    > guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    > though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    > Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    > couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >
    > I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    > computer and try once in a while to play?
    > I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    > a way. :(
    >
    > Betty

    I reinstalled them on my new computer, just to get the music to put into my
    Sims 2 game. My son, however, really prefers to play Sims 1, and misses the
    families we made for them way back when I was spending many more hours
    playing. These days I download houses rather than build them and that saves
    me time.

    ---
    Michelle
    (SeaShel)

    free the fish to reply

    Betty wrote:

    > Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
    > EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    > guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    > though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    > Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    > couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >
    > I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    > computer and try once in a while to play?
    > I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
    > way. :(

    No room on the hard drive.

    I may, when I get a new hard drive. I may not.

    If I do, I'm skipping unleashed.

    -georg

    Hi

    I have them all up to Superstar,
    still play them a lot, seems a shame not to..

    My favourite expansion has to be Hot Date though, that added loads to the
    game...
    Julia

    Betty wrote:
    >> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    > computer and try once in a while to play?
    > I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    > a way. :(

    I ran over my Unleashed Cd with my computer chair right before Sims2 came
    out. I did briefly find a no cd patch so I could keep playing during the
    time leading up to Sims2 but since then I have had a reformat so if I did
    reinstall Sims1 it would be without Unleashed which would make it not v3ery
    worthwhile.

    Gareeth

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > Betty wrote:
    >> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
    >> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    >> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    >> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    >> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    >> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >>
    >> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    >> computer and try once in a while to play?
    >> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    >> a way. :(
    >>
    >> Betty
    >
    > I reinstalled them on my new computer, just to get the music to put into
    > my Sims 2 game. My son, however, really prefers to play Sims 1, and
    > misses the families we made for them way back when I was spending many
    > more hours playing. These days I download houses rather than build them
    > and that saves me time.
    >

    > ---
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply
    >Hi

    I love the build/buy music from the sims 1, and house party
    the only one that really gets on my nerves is the music from Vacation, LOL

    Julia

    Betty wrote:
    > Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
    > EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    > guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    > though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    > Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    > couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >
    > I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    > computer and try once in a while to play?
    > I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
    > way. :(
    >
    > Betty

    I still have Sim 1 on my set, but only because I haven't gotten around
    to taking it off. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (it's crammed
    full of stuff and still only half full--it's HUGE) but I'll probably
    remove the game at some point anyway. I tried playing it a few times
    since installing S2 and you're right, I can't imagine whatever held my
    interest. Like comparing a Model T after you've flown on the Concorde.

    --
    --Cuth

    > Betty wrote:
    >> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
    >> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    >> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    >> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    >> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    >> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >>
    >> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their computer
    >> and try once in a while to play?
    >> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
    >> way. :(
    >>
    >> Betty
    >
    > I still have Sim 1 on my set, but only because I haven't gotten around to
    > taking it off. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (it's crammed full
    > of stuff and still only half full--it's HUGE) but I'll probably remove the
    > game at some point anyway. I tried playing it a few times since
    > installing S2 and you're right, I can't imagine whatever held my interest.
    > Like comparing a Model T after you've flown on the Concorde.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    Ahh, but a lot of what we liked with sims1 were the addons that others made
    for it. I still remember my graveyard with 'hidden' love rugs among the
    graves. My sims loved that place, lol.

    My favorite expansion pack was Living Large because of the genie, lol. I
    liked Unleashed too and I wanted MM, but never got it, yet.
    All the others, I could do without.
    I just may install sims, living large, unleashed and makin magic only, if I
    get it.

    "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
    > Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
    > EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    > guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    > though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    > Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    > couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >
    > I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    > computer and try once in a while to play?
    > I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in a
    > way. :(
    >
    > Betty

    I just can't uninstall it. I try but my arm won't let me. Sometimes I fire
    it up and play but everything looks so flat. I still love my little
    simmies, though.

    I uninstalled mine quite a while back but I've recreated my favourite sims
    for Sims 2.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "meanornerywench" <mean@ornery.wench> wrote in message

    > I just can't uninstall it. I try but my arm won't let me. Sometimes I
    fire
    > it up and play but everything looks so flat. I still love my little
    > simmies, though.

    > Betty wrote:
    >
    >> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
    >> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    >> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    >> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    >> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    >> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >>
    >> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    >> computer and try once in a while to play?
    >> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    >> a way. :(
    >
    > No room on the hard drive.
    >
    > I may, when I get a new hard drive. I may not.
    >
    > If I do, I'm skipping unleashed.
    >
    > -georg

    Awe, I think my favorite was Unleashed. LOL Now, I have those cute
    little toddlers
    to deal with.

    Betty

    "Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have them all up to Superstar,
    > still play them a lot, seems a shame not to..
    >
    > My favourite expansion has to be Hot Date though, that added loads to
    > the game...
    > Julia

    Yes, I wish now I'd installed Hot Date but hate to start over
    re-installing. LOL

    Betty

    > Betty wrote:
    >>> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    >> computer and try once in a while to play?
    >> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    >> a way. :(
    >>
    > I ran over my Unleashed Cd with my computer chair right before Sims2
    > came out. I did briefly find a no cd patch so I could keep playing
    > during the time leading up to Sims2 but since then I have had a
    > reformat so if I did reinstall Sims1 it would be without Unleashed
    > which would make it not v3ery worthwhile.
    >
    > Gareeth

    I know what you mean. I didn't care for Vacation but did like the new
    objects and stuff
    that came with it. I am still wondering why it wouldn't re-install. :(
    Maybe I had the CD laying in the dust mites too long?? LOL

    Betty

    "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
    message news:42B77C3C.1060407@earthlink.net...
    > Betty wrote:
    >> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
    >> the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    >> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    >> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    >> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    >> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >>
    >> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    >> computer and try once in a while to play?
    >> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    >> a way. :(
    >>
    >> Betty
    >
    > I still have Sim 1 on my set, but only because I haven't gotten around
    > to taking it off. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (it's crammed
    > full of stuff and still only half full--it's HUGE) but I'll probably
    > remove the game at some point anyway. I tried playing it a few times
    > since installing S2 and you're right, I can't imagine whatever held my
    > interest. Like comparing a Model T after you've flown on the
    > Concorde.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    LOL how true! When Sims 3 comes out, we'll probably think the same about
    Sims 2 reckon??

    Betty

    "meanornerywench" <mean@ornery.wench> wrote in message

    > "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
    >> Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
    >> the
    >> EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    >> guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    >> though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    >> Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    >> couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >>
    >> I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    >> computer and try once in a while to play?
    >> I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    >> way. :(
    >>
    >> Betty
    >>

    > I just can't uninstall it. I try but my arm won't let me. Sometimes
    > I fire
    > it up and play but everything looks so flat. I still love my little
    > simmies, though.

    I kinda feel the same now, after all that re-installing the other day, I
    hate to uninstall right now.

    Betty

    I still have Sims 1 and all EP's installed because I haven't had the heart
    to uninstall yet lol. It wont be long though.
    Beck.

    Betty wrote:
    > Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus
    > the EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    > guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    > though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    > Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    > couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >
    > I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    > computer and try once in a while to play?
    > I'm thinking about uninstalling it again. LOL It does seem a shame in
    > a way. :(
    >
    > Betty

    I got rid of Sims1 a while before I bought Sims2. Playing it after the new
    game came out made me feel left out, somehow. LOL All the chatter in this
    group and the pictures in the binaries group were from the new game and I
    just got rid of the old one and saved my pennies until I could afford to buy
    the new one. Plus, I had to buy extra RDRAM, too, so the saving took a
    while.

    Jeanie

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:40:49 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
    wrote:

    >Well, the other day I got a brain storm to reinstall The Sims 1 plus the
    >EP's, I had them all. LOL I couldn't install Vacation though,
    >guess something was corrupted with some files. I didn't really care
    >though and decided not to install Hot Date either.
    >Well, I really tried to play a little bit but after Sims 2, I just
    >couldn't take anymore boredom!! ROTFL
    >
    >I am curious just how many still have The Sims 1 + EP's on their
    >computer and try once in a while to play?

    I do, I still think Sims 2 is a lot more boring than Sims 1.

    I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
    I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire to
    go back.
    The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
    Sage

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
    > I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire
    > to go back.
    > The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
    > Sage

    I have gone retrograde and just ordered The Watchmaker. I am hoping it will
    sort of wean me off Sims for at least a couple of hours. 8(((

    GG

    "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >>I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
    >> I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire
    >> to go back.
    >> The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
    >> Sage
    >
    > I have gone retrograde and just ordered The Watchmaker. I am hoping it
    > will sort of wean me off Sims for at least a couple of hours. 8(((

    GOOD Luck! (But then, we'll miss you!)
    I don't know what it would take to wean me off my Sims.;-o)
    Sage

    >>>I got a new computer for Sims 2 and Never put Sims 1 on the new one.
    >>> I was really, _really_ bored with Sims 1 by that time and have no desire
    >>> to go back.
    >>> The graphics are SO much better in Sims 2!!!
    >>> Sage
    >>
    >> I have gone retrograde and just ordered The Watchmaker. I am hoping it
    >> will sort of wean me off Sims for at least a couple of hours. 8(((
    >
    > GOOD Luck! (But then, we'll miss you!)
    > I don't know what it would take to wean me off my Sims.;-o)

    Heck, I'm not going anywhere! Or was that a hint? But being Sim-fixated
    comes in waves. I really need something new to excite my interest instead of
    trying to break my 90 move record in easy Spider solitaire.

    You want a shudder? What about:
    I got rhythm,' said Girsh, winniningly. - -Two Girshes with one stone. 8)
    And 'Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs Worthington,' said Noel,
    cowardly.
    GG.

Sims Computers Games Video Games