Sign in with
Your question

Repairing a dead motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Shutdown
Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2010 6:33:33 AM

i have a motherboard type m963g+ from pcchips with sis 963 chipset. the last time i usethat motherboard the system working as well no sign for error.after that i shutdown the pc and they shutdown normally.
next day i want to turn on my pc but the psu is working no beep code no post and the monitor is blank please help me how to repairing it

More about : repairing dead motherboard

a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 2:43:13 PM

Could be anything from your power button on the front of your case to the PSU or everything could be fine with nothing broken and all you have is a loose connection.

m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 2:48:20 PM

If you're saying your motherboard is dead, you can't repair it. If you've verified all it needs is a new BIOS chip because the old one got corrupted, you might be able to fix it but I doubt that that is what the problem is.

It's socket 478 with a slow bus and DDR 400. Any new budget board for Intel or AMD cpu would be better than your 478.
m
l
a c 148 V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 3:08:03 PM

Even though a lot of it really applies best to brand new builds, please do go through the checklist.
Your motherboard is quite old. It is entirely possible that it (and/or your PSU) has been brought low by failing capacitors. Please Google "bad capacitors" for links on the subject, including images.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 3:09:50 PM

It could be the PSU. Try another PSU that you know works, or use a PSU tester. As for repairing a motherboard, if you notice any visibly damaged capacitors or other electronic components you can replace them if you're good with a soldering iron :D .
m
l
!