stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I have been experienceing some problems with by G54 router and (mf@#$%* windows xp). I swapped my c drive with another drive (so I could image a fresh drive for later use) and then I swapped the original back in. For some reason I can't get online now. My wife is using an integrated broadcom 11.g on her laptop and she can get on though. I get packets but no internet. Here's my setup: cable modem w cat5 running into the wan port on the router- cat5 out of the router into my nic and connecting wireless to the wife. I tried ipconfig renew refresh, called the cable co and they pinged me ok (duh wtf tell me sumthin I didn't kno) so out of desparation I tried to set up the network using windoze network. I ended up w a bridge (never had that b4)and now my wife can't connect. Tried to call buffalo but hold time was way too long. Anyone got any clues as to wtf happened? Help is appreciated- thx. also I'm using xp service pack 1 if that helps.

A7n8x dlx G Bios Agressive settings
xp1700 Paly 2x 256 Crucial 2700@ cl 2.5
ATI Radeon Sapphire 9200 WDCaviar 60gig w 8mb Cache @ 7200
"There is no magic server pixie dust."

riser

Illustrious
Delete out the Bridge Windows XP created for you. Its not needed.
Disable Zero Wireless Configuration on your wireless machine.
The ZWC sounds like the main problem. Give that a shot and let us know the turn out.

Riser

stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Thanks for the help. That fixed the problem for me. Now I have to rewire the cable modem because it was in the back of the house with my comp but I moved to the front. I'm considering a wireless card so I don't have to crawl around in my attic and do some wiring etc.

A7n8x dlx G Bios Agressive settings
xp1700 Paly 2x 256 Crucial 2700@ cl 2.5
ATI Radeon Sapphire 9200 WDCaviar 60gig w 8mb Cache @ 7200
"There is no magic server pixie dust."