Sign in with
Your question

Is this case fan a good choice?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 18, 2011 3:00:13 PM

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-608-0...

I have a GTX 570 and I want to overclock it and therefore I need 2* 120mm/140mm performance case fans for the side of my case.

I want excellent airflow with a fair price... right now I'm looking at this fan (Noctua NF-S12B FLX). I'm not sure if this fan is made for low-noise levels or for performance. Also, any other suggestions?

I am also looking at an NZXT FX 120mm fan (which has no reviews). Its maximum RPM is 2600 and it's noise level is very high at max RPM (36.5 dBA!) and its airflow is also high: 96CFM. http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_fans/fx_120lb

I can buy the NZXT for $19.99 each and the Noctua fans for $24.99 each... which one should I choose?

More about : case fan good choice

Related resources
August 19, 2011 12:27:17 PM

I have to agree with choosing Scythe's Kaze Maru fans over any Noctua offerings. Noctua fans are decent, but they're ridiculously priced. The Kaze Maru 2 outperforms them and costs half as much. Newegg has the Kaze Maru 2 for $12, but they want $10 to ship each one... Ouch!
m
l
August 19, 2011 3:57:38 PM

dont buy via internet it would be costlier, better buy in nearest shop
RazberyBandit said:
I have to agree with choosing Scythe's Kaze Maru fans over any Noctua offerings. Noctua fans are decent, but they're ridiculously priced. The Kaze Maru 2 outperforms them and costs half as much. Newegg has the Kaze Maru 2 for $12, but they want $10 to ship each one... Ouch!

m
l
August 19, 2011 7:58:43 PM

You really think so? Check a local shop's price on Kaze Maru 2's then, if they even carry them. I'll bet they're $20+, as many small, private shops typically buy their parts from online sources like Newegg, not a wholesale distributor. Small shops don't buy in a large enough volume to get any significant discount(s) from a wholesaler.
m
l
!