Solved

1156 motherboards

Does any particular brand of mobo work better for an i7-860 vs an i5-750 or would there be no difference?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1156 motherboards
  1. Best answer
    No difference. But there's an article on sli and p55 boards about the lack of usable pci slots with some board designs, but I don't remember the website.
  2. mkyan978 said:
    Does any particular brand of mobo work better for an i7-860 vs an i5-750 or would there be no difference?

What exactly are you trying to do?
  3. I was just trying to search for an affordable board. I will mainly use it normal use, gaming etc. no video editing. Since it's my first build, I'm not planning on doing OC until I get some more experience. I have basically narrowed it down to the

EVGA p55 LE http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188054

Gigabyte p55-UD3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128412&cm_re=gigabyte_ud3-_-13-128-412-_-Product

Seems like the UD3 is a little better because of the USB 3.0 feature. Is there another $130 board that you would recommend over these 2?

Also, I will be running a 5850. Will I run into any clearance issues with anything behind the pci 2.0 slot? I see on some boards that usually where the logo is, the piece is especially elevated and I was just worried that a 9.5" long card would not be able to fit.
  4. Meh, I would not buy a board based on SATA 3.0, but if you absolutely need that freature then I would say go ahead with the UD3.
  5. Also, I will be running a 5850. Will I run into any clearance issues with anything behind the pci 2.0 slot? I see on some boards that usually where the logo is, the piece is especially elevated and I was just worried that a 9.5" long card would not be able to fit.

So you recommend the evga one?
  6. It might block the PCI-E x1 slot that is under the first x16 slot, but that is about it...
  7. Best answer selected by mkyan978.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i7 Intel i5 Product