Write protection removal SD card

Hello,
how do U remove write protection from an SD card that I did not add it to?
9 answers Last reply
More about write protection removal card
  1. Right-click on that drive's letter in my Computer> properties> security> edit permissions>check Allow for read and write for your user.
  2. what if i don't see a security option???
  3. what if there is no security option in properties??????
  4. If there is no security tab in properties, it may be under advanced. Depends on OS version, as well.
  5. run->Type Regedit->search " StorageDevicePolicies" --> open Write Protected File and and change the value into " 0 "

If not found, you need to create the key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\
  6. Just as a sanity check, have you checked to make sure the write protect slide on the side of the SD card is in the position closest to the metal contact tabs?
  7. WOW! I didn't even know the SD card had a write protect slide button. I am so glad I read this last post. It helped tremendously. Thank you.
  8. wolffman608jhw said:
    Hello,
    how do U remove write protection from an SD card that I did not add it to?

I just had the SAME problem and discovered the itty bitty slide which had worked itself down on the side of the card. Move it up.
    Good luck,
    mensabrite @ aol.com
  9. The slide lock may need to be pushed in both directions more than once for it to activate.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flash Media SD Card Write Protection Storage