Msi890fxa debug lights?

stevew220

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hello,
hi i just built my first quad core using the amd840 x4 3.2 cpu and transcend aXe 2000 ram (8gb kit) other components are run of themill as i am a disabled veteran, and live on a small va pension. anyway, i instaled a cooler master Hyper n520 cooler and turned on the oc genie lite in bios. my system is now running at a bit over 3.6ghz and seems rock solid. my question is WHAT do the numbers in the debug panel indicate when running normally? i THINK it is displaying the cpu temp. as it changes as the cpu load increases, but cannot find any info in the suppled manuals that verify this.
can anyone answer this for me? thanks steve

stevew220

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
hi again,

i am sorry but they cannot be just artistic, (i am referring to the 2 green digital lights in the center of the pic i posted) (not the blue lights on the mobo, i KNOW those are just for appearance) they clearly display a numeric digital readout that changes as the system runs. ( in the pic they are reading 28) AND they closely match the cpu temps reported by hwmonitor. (the manual clearly identifies them as debug led's for diagnostics if the system fails to boot properly) when system is booting they display various codes. BUT the manual does not say if what they display during normal operation is the cpu temp.

thanks for responding though.

steve