SLI bridge lost!?!?

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I have 2 gtx 275's in SLI. A message came on today saying that the SLI bridge is missing. Out of cuiousity I opened my case to see it actualy was missing. I doubt if I have removed it, because I would have remembered, but back to the point: it was no where to be found. At the moment I have a crossfire bridge and a 3way SLI bridge, my question is if I can use either of these to connect the 2 cards. As a guess the 3way should work fine, right?

another thing that is bugging me is that speedfan doesn't give any temperature readings on the graphics cards, this happened after I installed 190.56 beta drivers, I reverted back to 19.3x? something, but I still have no temperature readings. Anye ideas what is happening?

With thanks :D

I really don't understand how you had a bridge in the first place and now it dissapeared...... Anyways if the three way does not work for you, you can get one off ebay for less than 2.99$

As far as speedfan goes, if you uninstalled and installed and it still didnt show up, try everest ultimate....... If you still dont see the GPU temps then it more likely you have a dead sensor.....

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
thanks OvrClkr
im still not sure how it happened myself...
are the heat sensors easily broken? all i did was install new drivers?
thanks again for the post :)

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

is it also possible to use my existing 3way sli bridge?

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
i've actualy un-installed everything related to nvidia and then installed them again, but hasn't hepled yet. what a silly thing to loose. also i get the invalid argument message in nvidia control panel. this happens only when i want to customise the fan speed - gpu temp chart.

Well the only way you will know if you have a dead sensor is to do a System Restore making sure its rolled back before any changes were made... Once that is done it should fix the issue, if not then you most likely have a bad sensor and will have to use a temp probe to monitor CPU temps......

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
worst case scenario is i can take them back for guarantee, right? xfx does that i think. not too much harm done, but silly of me to not know where i put my sli bridge! i dont even know how long it has been disconnected for! LOL

thanks anyway mate ;)

meewog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Just an update, I reverted back to the 186 series drivers, everything is working fine now, the temps are being read, 3way sli bridge is working, life is good :D

OvrClkr, I have a question I think you may have the answer to, say I have a core i7 920 running at stock 2.66, and also a 950 underclocked to 2.66, does this mean they have the same EXACT performance? or the other way round, if I overclock both to for example 3.5? from what my noob eyes can see they have the same specs on paper, so are they the same in the real world?

thanks XD