bodyShop (sims2) question

I want round glasses with silver frames. I farted around with the Body
shop, and had no problem making silver frames. However, I can't figure
out how to change the shading on the lens themselves.

Any suggestions?

These are my favorite real-life glasses.

-georg

That's because the lenses are a separate - and as far as I can see -
un-gettable graphic in Bodyshop. I think you can access the graphic using
SimPE. I DL some glasses recently with reflective lenses:

http://theblarneystone.org/

I think they used SimPE to do it. You could always use these as a base to
make your own stuff or ask them how they did it.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> That's because the lenses are a separate - and as far as I can see -
> un-gettable graphic in Bodyshop. I think you can access the graphic using
> SimPE. I DL some glasses recently with reflective lenses:
>
> http://theblarneystone.org/
>
> I think they used SimPE to do it. You could always use these as a base to
> make your own stuff or ask them how they did it.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Found the thread on modthesims2:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37658&highlight=glasses+change

I will have to actually use SimPE, something I have been avoiding.

-georg

Ah - thanks for that. SimPE's ok to use, in small doses at least and that
doesn't look too complicated, except that you are altering numerical values
rather than dealing with a graphic - which means you can't see the changes
until you save and load them up again in Bodyshop.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Found the thread on modthesims2:
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37658&highlight=glasses+change
>
> I will have to actually use SimPE, something I have been avoiding.
>
> -georg

I'll try to figure out how to put a pic in the binaries when I finish.

-georg