Transferring files to new computer

georgiegrrl

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hello,
I just got a new laptop to replace my old desktop. I want to transfer some files to the laptop, but the monitor for the desktop isn't working.

How can I set up my laptop so I can see what's on the desktop computer? Then how do I transfer files to the laptop?

alexpjhone

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hi,
if you want so then

1) you need to purchase PCMCIA video card to use laptop LCD with desktop which is technically more complicated.
You just need to repair your monitor you take CPU with some shopkeeper/friend and copy the required data into flash.

You can also find more info here about above description:
http://www.techyv.com/questions/laptop-desktop-monitor

2) another method can be used, you need a usb data cable that come one end with usb,other end with hard drive port and comes with an adapter.
connect your hard drive with that cable with your laptop give power to hard drive with that adapter. It is also a bit complected.

DonaldPrice

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
I agree on the previous post. If you would take a look on the link provided above in TechyV.com you would see a lot of helpful information listed. I had an experience before that TechyV.com was able to help me a lot. It a site that gives free information about Information Technology. Kudos to TechyV.com!

TRENDING THREADS