Sign in with
Your question

No backup disk No recovery disk

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2010 8:46:27 PM

:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  ok i have to fix this kids computer i have no backup disk no recovery disk just a book on the mother board which is a
(ASUS) A7V600-X.
Now here is the problem i know the thing works but i disconnected the hard drive now i can't get it to boot up i get the (message disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter) I need to know if there is away around this the kid doesn't have a recovery disk no operating system disk and no money. Is there a way i can recover the system or i'm i going to have to get a new windows xp op disk for the system like i'm thinking
any information would help his grandfather built this thing and i just don't want to break his heart. :ouch:  :pt1cable: 
January 13, 2010 9:25:54 PM

All you need a bootable OS disc. No serial number required. If you can find one, good, if not, you could torrent one. All you need to do is boot with the disc, goto the RECOVERY console, and i believe the command is fixboot, and/or fixmbr. Try the first command, if that doesn't work, FIXMBR, (master boot record). If neither work, the hardrive is probably HOSED
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 13, 2010 10:21:27 PM

You can also order a dell windows dvd for around $20 for either xp or vista. Then use your old coa sticker number to load and reactivate windows. These dell windows dvd's may be available at some pricewatch software venders such as 9software
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2010 11:03:27 PM

doormatderek said:
All you need a bootable OS disc. No serial number required. If you can find one, good, if not, you could torrent one. All you need to do is boot with the disc, goto the RECOVERY console, and i believe the command is fixboot, and/or fixmbr. Try the first command, if that doesn't work, FIXMBR, (master boot record). If neither work, the hardrive is probably HOSED

Thank you for your assistance with this problem I will try that.
m
l
January 14, 2010 7:38:34 AM

o1die said:
You can also order a dell windows dvd for around $20 for either xp or vista. Then use your old coa sticker number to load and reactivate windows. These dell windows dvd's may be available at some pricewatch software venders such as 9software

Thank you for your assistance with my problem
m
l
January 14, 2010 7:04:41 PM

If you can access the disk from another computer you might be abe to make a cd up from it. I've that for a few XP systems.

Karl
m
l
!