GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H or ECS A780GM-A Ultra

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • ECS
  • Gigabyte
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2010 11:04:05 PM

Anyone know which would be a better overclocking/unlocking motherboard with a Phenom II X2 545 Callisto? The ECS motherboard seems a bit more feature rich and future proof plus the integrated graphics seems like it would be more power efficient which could be good as I have no plans to use it for anything game related.

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ECS A780GM-A Ultra
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : gigabyte ma785gm us2h ecs a780gm ultra

a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2010 5:19:43 AM

^ FYI, the Gigabyte too had onboard graphics and it is actually more powerful and efficient than the onboard that comes with the ECS...
And quality-wise Gigabyte will be better than the ECS...As for core unlocking, it also depends on the chip too...and both the mobo have the ACC option to unlock the core if they are stable...

And why did you choose AM2+ mobos(DDR2) and why not AM3(DDR3) ? Do you have DDR2 RAM which you can reuse ? If Yes, then its fine but if you will be buying the RAM too, then get DDR3 as the prices are pretty similar...
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
January 14, 2010 2:28:13 PM

Gigabyte, by all means.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2010 11:51:18 PM

gkay09 said:
^ FYI, the Gigabyte too had onboard graphics and it is actually more powerful and efficient than the onboard that comes with the ECS...
And quality-wise Gigabyte will be better than the ECS...As for core unlocking, it also depends on the chip too...and both the mobo have the ACC option to unlock the core if they are stable...

And why did you choose AM2+ mobos(DDR2) and why not AM3(DDR3) ? Do you have DDR2 RAM which you can reuse ? If Yes, then its fine but if you will be buying the RAM too, then get DDR3 as the prices are pretty similar...

Yeah I'll be reusing some G. Skill DDR2 1066 I have 8GB in my current computer so I'll be taking 4GB of it to use for a quiet/silent DAW computer. The integrated graphics is really a non issue I might get a fan-less PCI-E card anyway. Really just wanted to know if one was a better overclocker since the X2 545 only has up to a 15x multiplier.
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
January 17, 2010 12:58:07 PM

ECS boards are generally poor overclockers.
m
l