adampower

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Is there any option for sandforce 2000 besides ocz vertex 3? Haven't heard a peep out of anybody else. Is it me? Am I not listening or not reading enough?

Solution
You are not doing enough research.

Drives with SandForce 2281 controller:
OCZ Vertex 3
G-Skill Phoenix II
Corsair Force GT
Patriot Wildfire
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G

There are more but they are enterprise ssd's not suitable for gamers and enthusiasts.
You are not doing enough research.

Drives with SandForce 2281 controller:
OCZ Vertex 3
G-Skill Phoenix II
Corsair Force GT
Patriot Wildfire
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G

There are more but they are enterprise ssd's not suitable for gamers and enthusiasts.

Solution

adampower

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks Johnny. You're the best! Guess I missed the Cebit press announcements and haven't seen any reviews of the drives.

Waiting for z68 chipset (the one which allows simultaneous use of both discreet graphics and igp) and other than OCZ sandforce drive. Maybe a summer build.

Adam

There are four reviews of the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G but the web sites are not as well known as the sites that are popular with gamers and enthusists. I think three of the reviews were done by sites that cater to Mac users.

There will probably be some confusion about the SandForce controllers. The official SandForce web site simply shows the controllers as SF2200 and SF2100. The first is SATA III (6 Gb/s) and the second is SATA II (3 Gb/s). No mention of SF2281 or any other variation.