Sign in with
Your question

Advice On My First Build

Last response: in Systems
July 21, 2009 5:30:50 PM

Okay I'm building my first computer and I need to know what the best parts are for the least amount of money, for a gaming computer.
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: When I get the money.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Playing games, surfing the web, checking my mail.
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Drives.
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type I would like to use a Intel Celeron CPU, with a excellent motherboard, and a full tower.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1280x1024
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:Needs to be quiet. Play excellent computer games without lagging. Impress friends. Look Amazing.

More about : advice build

July 21, 2009 5:33:01 PM

how much are you will to spend on it? That is by far the most important piece of information we need.

And a celeron? What are you on? You need atleast a good dual core for gaming, and a celeron does not qualify as good.
July 21, 2009 5:35:24 PM

You'll need to set a budget and do a bit better on the purchase date :) 

... and you won't be using a Celeron :lol: 
Related resources
July 21, 2009 5:35:51 PM

^ I think he hasn't caught up with computer components since the P4 days when the celeron D's were a steal.
July 21, 2009 5:38:54 PM

I'm willing to spend around $500-$1000.
Purchase time : In the next two years.

PS: Yeah I'm kinda in the caveman age still, since
my computer at the moment is a Dell Optiplex GX210.
July 21, 2009 5:46:27 PM

uhh yeah, about that purchase time, if you arent buying within the next 3 weeks its not worth parting stuff out since in a couple months new CPUs and GPUs are due out. Come back when you have a firm budget and are going to be purchasing within a month, tech changes to fast to even contemplate what might be a good value in even 4 months let alone 2 years
July 21, 2009 5:48:55 PM

We can't really advise you on parts because everything will be different in two years :) 

If you have a look at my guide, linked in my sig or stickied at the top of the forum, you'll get a quick update on what to use these days.

!