Having a way too low 3dmark score !??

Ferrax

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Dear all,

I've just joined this forum to share my problem :(
Im quite stuck on this, my 3dmark score is probaly too low and i dont know how and why!

my specs:
Case: Coolermaster centurion 5
Motherboard: Asus p5q-pro
Processor: Intel q9550 @ 2,83Ghz
RAM: A-data 4 GB Extreme Edition DDR2 800+ (thats a dual channel kit)
Hard Disc: 2xSATA 640 Gb @ 7200rpm stripe
Video Card: Xfx Radeon HD4870X2 - 2 GB DDR5

*everything is stock*

Results:
3D mark = 12802
PC mark = 10091

Seeing equal systems having way higher scores kinda makes me worried. I've got no idea what i am doing wrong, looking for help :( is there something wrong with my system?

My english might not be at it's best, because im comming from Holland ;)

Greets,
Nick

Ferrax

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
ive been reading into their specs, even non overclocked similair systeems seem to perform way better in 3d scores :??:

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Try playing with the games you actually want to play, check the average fps on them (try using fraps), and if any recent game doesn't play well on your system on the highest setting then come back here.

The possible reasons why your system might perform lower than it should:
1. Your CPU is overheating (over 80C), and the processor is throttling. Try checking the heatsink if it is seated properly.
2. Your Video card is overheating (130C? I ain't sure of the max of a 4870). If it is, maybe try to RMA it, else replace the cooler with a 3rd party one.
3. Your psu isn't delivering enough power, although this should be unlikely.

That is a little low for a stock Q9550 and a 4870X2, but 3DM06 default resolution is 1280 x 1024 I think, your 4870X2 is on cruise control at that resolution, as others have said, hows your gaming experience?

Did you manually set your memory voltage and timings, according to factory specifications, if you don't know that information you can look up your specs from your memory manufacturers website?

If you left all that on Auto, you need to set those manually in the BIOS setup.

Ferrax

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
hi all thanks for the reply's

just looked at temps while running prototype, card is getting to 88-89celc
the proc to 57-49-54-54. just took the numbers of each core. so seems cooled enough. the Psu isnt the problem, running with a psu of 700.

Prototype was running on everything maxed at a ress of 1920x1080 4xaa
i even got numbers like 50fps while ingame, average was like 40-43
sometimes when there was like allot smoke and fire and everything it dropped to like 35 for a small second.

i guess prototype is seen as a decent game? or should i run another game that someone can recommend?

4ryan6: like almost everything is set on auto, this is my first own build system. so you could say im really new to this ! auto should be allright ? or is manual settings adviced?

Ferrax

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
hmm ah okey, yes thats for 3dmark vantage. thought i saw higher vantage scores pf other equal systems before :x