Sims 2 and identification of items

Last response: in Video Games
June 21, 2005 9:28:26 PM

Is there a way to identificate an object or a cloth without install it
in the game ? is there a soft for Macintosh which is valid for that ?

And is there a soft to detect objects (or other) which will not work in
Sims 2 ? because when they are installed, it's impossible to know if
there are good or not.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***

More about : sims identification items

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:12:16 PM

Read the site where you get the objects and other stuff. They should
indicate whether the downloads are for sims2 or if university is required.
Sims1 stuff will not work in sims2.

"Michelle." <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote in message

> Is there a way to identificate an object or a cloth without install it
> in the game ? is there a soft for Macintosh which is valid for that ?
>
> And is there a soft to detect objects (or other) which will not work in
> Sims 2 ? because when they are installed, it's impossible to know if
> there are good or not.
>
> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:29:49 AM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> Read the site where you get the objects and other stuff. They should
> indicate whether the downloads are for sims2 or if university is required.
> Sims1 stuff will not work in sims2.

Sorry for my bad english but you don't understand my question.

I can recognize items for sims 1. And if i want to install items of
university for example i have a message saying that I don't have the add
on.

I have items and I don't know from what site they come and I don't know
what it is (bed, sink, or clothe) The problem is that I would like to
see them before install. And I wonder wether a soft exists on macintosh
for that.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
June 22, 2005 6:29:50 AM

Michelle. wrote:

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>>Read the site where you get the objects and other stuff. They should
>>indicate whether the downloads are for sims2 or if university is required.
>>Sims1 stuff will not work in sims2.
>>

> Sorry for my bad english but you don't understand my question.
>
> I can recognize items for sims 1. And if i want to install items of
> university for example i have a message saying that I don't have the add
> on.
>
> I have items and I don't know from what site they come and I don't know
> what it is (bed, sink, or clothe) The problem is that I would like to
> see them before install. And I wonder wether a soft exists on macintosh
> for that.

I assume you are looking at your downloads folder for Sims 2 and looking
at all of those .package files.

As far as I know, unless the file has some other way of identifying in
it such as "wall" or "floor" or "hair" in the name, there is no way to
identify what it is.

But then, I do not know as much as some of these other folks do. Maybe
there is.

-georg
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:29:50 AM

Well you could always get rid of all your downloads and start over again,
making note of where you get each object. Maybe make a sub-folder for each
site you download from. And don't download anything requiring university.

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> Read the site where you get the objects and other stuff. They should
>> indicate whether the downloads are for sims2 or if university is
>> required.
>> Sims1 stuff will not work in sims2.
>>

> Sorry for my bad english but you don't understand my question.
>
> I can recognize items for sims 1. And if i want to install items of
> university for example i have a message saying that I don't have the add
> on.
>
> I have items and I don't know from what site they come and I don't know
> what it is (bed, sink, or clothe) The problem is that I would like to
> see them before install. And I wonder wether a soft exists on macintosh
> for that.
>
> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:29:51 AM

georg wrote:
> Michelle. wrote:
>
>> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Read the site where you get the objects and other stuff. They
>>> should indicate whether the downloads are for sims2 or if
>>> university is required. Sims1 stuff will not work in sims2.
>>>

>> Sorry for my bad english but you don't understand my question.
>>
>> I can recognize items for sims 1. And if i want to install items of
>> university for example i have a message saying that I don't have the
>> add on.
>>
>> I have items and I don't know from what site they come and I don't
>> know what it is (bed, sink, or clothe) The problem is that I would
>> like to see them before install. And I wonder wether a soft exists
>> on macintosh for that.
>>

> I assume you are looking at your downloads folder for Sims 2 and
> looking at all of those .package files.
>
> As far as I know, unless the file has some other way of identifying in
> it such as "wall" or "floor" or "hair" in the name, there is no way to
> identify what it is.
>
> But then, I do not know as much as some of these other folks do. Maybe
> there is.
>
> -georg

CleanInstaller will let you see what each file is. Just open it and tell it
to look at your downloads folder. But I don't know if that program works on
a Mac.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:29:52 AM

> georg wrote:
>> Michelle. wrote:

>>> Sorry for my bad english but you don't understand my question.
>>>
>>> I can recognize items for sims 1. And if i want to install items of
>>> university for example i have a message saying that I don't have the
>>> add on.
>>>
>>> I have items and I don't know from what site they come and I don't
>>> know what it is (bed, sink, or clothe) The problem is that I would
>>> like to see them before install. And I wonder wether a soft exists
>>> on macintosh for that.
>>>

>> I assume you are looking at your downloads folder for Sims 2 and
>> looking at all of those .package files.
>>
>> As far as I know, unless the file has some other way of identifying in
>> it such as "wall" or "floor" or "hair" in the name, there is no way to
>> identify what it is.
>>
>> But then, I do not know as much as some of these other folks do. Maybe
>> there is.
>>
>> -georg
>
> CleanInstaller will let you see what each file is. Just open it and tell
> it
> to look at your downloads folder. But I don't know if that program works
> on
> a Mac.
>
> Jeanie

I do wish that someone would make an object viewer that is easy to use. You
can do it in simpe but it is hard to tell a person how to do it. Plus it is
aggrevating to have to do it one file at a time.
Supposedly you can do it with Datgen, but I cannot get that program to work
worth a dang :(

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:14:27 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> Well you could always get rid of all your downloads and start over again,
> making note of where you get each object. Maybe make a sub-folder for each
> site you download from. And don't download anything requiring university.

and how to know if objects don't work ? Sometimes there are objects that
don't work for a reason or for another and it's not possible to know
that they don't work and they stay for nothing in the downloads folder
:-(

In plus, the sub folders for hair, cloth or make up don't work, we must
put them together directly in the "Downloads" folder.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:14:28 PM

Jeanie <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

> CleanInstaller will let you see what each file is. Just open it and tell it
> to look at your downloads folder. But I don't know if that program works on
> a Mac.

and do you know if this soft needs the installed game Sims 2 ? because I
can use it on Virtual PC, an emulator PC for Mac but I haven't the PC
Sims 2.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:14:28 PM

I have a system where I check each thing is working in the game as I install
it - it's a bit time-consuming though. Basically, you remove everything
from Downloads (put it on your desktop in a temporary folder or something)
put the new stuff in and run either:

1. Bodyshop for skins
2. Homecrafter for walls and floors
3. The game for objects

Then check whatever it is you have installed is working properly and pass on
to the next thing. I do stuff in batches to make it quicker. All these
programmes open much more quickly with little in Downloads so it doesn't
take that long to check everything. Is there a Mac version of Homecrafter
yet?

The best thing for checking stuff already in your game is Clean Installer,
from here:

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

I can't see that there's a Mac version yet though.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
> > Well you could always get rid of all your downloads and start over
again,
> > making note of where you get each object. Maybe make a sub-folder for
each
> > site you download from. And don't download anything requiring
university.

> and how to know if objects don't work ? Sometimes there are objects that
> don't work for a reason or for another and it's not possible to know
> that they don't work and they stay for nothing in the downloads folder
> :-(
>
> In plus, the sub folders for hair, cloth or make up don't work, we must
> put them together directly in the "Downloads" folder.
>

> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:14:28 PM

Michelle. wrote:

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>>Well you could always get rid of all your downloads and start over again,
>>making note of where you get each object. Maybe make a sub-folder for each
>>site you download from. And don't download anything requiring university.
>>

> and how to know if objects don't work ? Sometimes there are objects that
> don't work for a reason or for another and it's not possible to know
> that they don't work and they stay for nothing in the downloads folder
> :-(
>
> In plus, the sub folders for hair, cloth or make up don't work, we must
> put them together directly in the "Downloads" folder.

I agree- it's a confusing pain in the butt.

-georg
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:38:27 PM

Michelle. wrote:

> and how to know if objects don't work ? Sometimes there are objects
> that don't work for a reason or for another and it's not possible to
> know that they don't work and they stay for nothing in the downloads
> folder :-(

You can delete custom objects from within the game. I do this often
(if it flickers blue or if it was part of a set and I think it's
ugly). Just select it in the buy menu and click on the bin icon.

By the way, when you say "soft", do you mean "software"? A program?

T.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:33:27 AM

Taemon <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Michelle. wrote:
>
> > and how to know if objects don't work ? Sometimes there are objects
> > that don't work for a reason or for another and it's not possible to
> > know that they don't work and they stay for nothing in the downloads
> > folder :-(
>
> You can delete custom objects from within the game. I do this often
> (if it flickers blue or if it was part of a set and I think it's
> ugly). Just select it in the buy menu and click on the bin icon.
>
> By the way, when you say "soft", do you mean "software"? A program?
>
> T.

I repeat : if the object DOESN'T appear in the game, when I say "doesn't
work" it's "doesn't appear"... how to know where is it ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:33:28 AM

Maxon <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

> The best thing for checking stuff already in your game is Clean Installer,
> from here:
>
> http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Thie smorning I have tried to subscribe to the forum to question about
Clean installer on Mac but it's not possible to subscribe because I have
no confirmation in my mail box, I've tried a few times without success.
And it's not possible to contact them. :-(

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:33:29 AM

I just asked the question for you, hopefully someone will reply soon :)

In the meantime, you say you know the object does not show in the game, so
what object is it? If you know it does not appear in the game, you must
know what you are looking for. Maybe you are looking in the wrong section
of the game or something else.
Oh and is it a sim? Sims don't automatically appear in the game, you get to
them thru the CAS, when creating a sim family.

> Maxon <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> The best thing for checking stuff already in your game is Clean
>> Installer,
>> from here:
>>
>> http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
>
> Thie smorning I have tried to subscribe to the forum to question about
> Clean installer on Mac but it's not possible to subscribe because I have
> no confirmation in my mail box, I've tried a few times without success.
> And it's not possible to contact them. :-(
>
> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:59:43 AM

Michelle. wrote:

> Taemon <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
>> You can delete custom objects from within the game. I do this often
>> (if it flickers blue or if it was part of a set and I think it's
>> ugly). Just select it in the buy menu and click on the bin icon.
> I repeat : if the object DOESN'T appear in the game, when I say
> "doesn't work" it's "doesn't appear"... how to know where is it ?

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't see that. I have no idea!

T.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:41:53 AM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> I just asked the question for you, hopefully someone will reply soon :)
>
> In the meantime, you say you know the object does not show in the game, so
> what object is it? If you know it does not appear in the game, you must
> know what you are looking for. Maybe you are looking in the wrong section
> of the game or something else.

Well :-)))

I'm going to explain : For example, I have d/l 100 objects on a site :
bathroom, kitchen and so on, I install these items in the downloads
folder and when I launch the game I see that the bed and the sink and a
few other objects are not present. I don't want to let these items that
doesn't work and I want to put them into the trash... How to identify
them ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:41:54 AM

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> I just asked the question for you, hopefully someone will reply soon :)
>>
>> In the meantime, you say you know the object does not show in the game,
>> so
>> what object is it? If you know it does not appear in the game, you must
>> know what you are looking for. Maybe you are looking in the wrong
>> section
>> of the game or something else.
>

> Well :-)))
>
> I'm going to explain : For example, I have d/l 100 objects on a site :
> bathroom, kitchen and so on, I install these items in the downloads
> folder and when I launch the game I see that the bed and the sink and a
> few other objects are not present. I don't want to let these items that
> doesn't work and I want to put them into the trash... How to identify
> them ?

First of all, do any of them require a custom mesh made by a 3rd party? If
so, get the mesh. Secondly, look in your downloads folder and make sure
that everything there has the *.package extension. Also, look at the names
of them, most sites name their packages so that they are easy to find in the
downloads.
Thirdly, if they are just recolors, then they will show under the flyout of
the default object. Fourthly, are you looking at the objects thru room view
or function view? Not all items made for a bathroom will be listed under
the Bathroom room view.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:06:58 PM

And do you have the CEP?

Many DL recolours won't show if the original object didn't have colour
options.

Best wishes
Maxon

news:p 66dnZvswqaDiyffRVn-iQ@comcast.com...

> "Michelle." <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote in message
> > Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I just asked the question for you, hopefully someone will reply soon :)
> >>
> >> In the meantime, you say you know the object does not show in the game,
> >> so
> >> what object is it? If you know it does not appear in the game, you
must
> >> know what you are looking for. Maybe you are looking in the wrong
> >> section
> >> of the game or something else.
> >

> > Well :-)))
> >
> > I'm going to explain : For example, I have d/l 100 objects on a site :
> > bathroom, kitchen and so on, I install these items in the downloads
> > folder and when I launch the game I see that the bed and the sink and a
> > few other objects are not present. I don't want to let these items that
> > doesn't work and I want to put them into the trash... How to identify
> > them ?
>
> First of all, do any of them require a custom mesh made by a 3rd party?
If
> so, get the mesh. Secondly, look in your downloads folder and make sure
> that everything there has the *.package extension. Also, look at the
names
> of them, most sites name their packages so that they are easy to find in
the
> downloads.
> Thirdly, if they are just recolors, then they will show under the flyout
of
> the default object. Fourthly, are you looking at the objects thru room
view
> or function view? Not all items made for a bathroom will be listed under
> the Bathroom room view.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:06:59 PM

Yes and they have it for mac now too :)
But I am thinking she said she had that already.

> And do you have the CEP?
>
> Many DL recolours won't show if the original object didn't have colour
> options.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

> news:p 66dnZvswqaDiyffRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>>
>> "Michelle." <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote in message

> must
>> >

>> > Well :-)))
>> >
>> > I'm going to explain : For example, I have d/l 100 objects on a site :
>> > bathroom, kitchen and so on, I install these items in the downloads
>> > folder and when I launch the game I see that the bed and the sink and a
>> > few other objects are not present. I don't want to let these items that
>> > doesn't work and I want to put them into the trash... How to identify
>> > them ?
>>
>> First of all, do any of them require a custom mesh made by a 3rd party?
> If
>> so, get the mesh. Secondly, look in your downloads folder and make sure
>> that everything there has the *.package extension. Also, look at the
> names
>> of them, most sites name their packages so that they are easy to find in
> the
>> downloads.
>> Thirdly, if they are just recolors, then they will show under the flyout
> of
>> the default object. Fourthly, are you looking at the objects thru room
> view
>> or function view? Not all items made for a bathroom will be listed under
>> the Bathroom room view.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:33:45 PM

OK - sorry

> Yes and they have it for mac now too :)
> But I am thinking she said she had that already.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:53:42 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> the default object. Fourthly, are you looking at the objects thru room view
> or function view? Not all items made for a bathroom will be listed under
> the Bathroom room view.

What is the difference between "room view" and "function view" ? for
example at the beginning I have searched a long time a bed for the baby
because in Sims 1 Baby has yet one but no in Sims 2.

In objects room there was nothing and I find it in fonction view. I
don't understand why there are two kinds of objects and why this baby
bed is not in the room view too ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:53:43 PM

There are not 2 kinds of objects, just that each object usually has a
function and a certain room enabled.
I usually go by the function catalog, rather than the room catalog.
Stuff for babies is under Miscellaneous>Children.
And if you are getting custom objects, meaning original meshes that a 3rd
party made, well it is up to the creator to assign the room and function to
the object. Some don't, and have it automatically be the same as the object
they cloned.
There are some 3rd party objects that can be found in many different
categories too.

So do I assume you finally found the objects you were looking for?

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> the default object. Fourthly, are you looking at the objects thru room
>> view
>> or function view? Not all items made for a bathroom will be listed under
>> the Bathroom room view.
>
> What is the difference between "room view" and "function view" ? for
> example at the beginning I have searched a long time a bed for the baby
> because in Sims 1 Baby has yet one but no in Sims 2.
>
> In objects room there was nothing and I find it in fonction view. I
> don't understand why there are two kinds of objects and why this baby
> bed is not in the room view too ?
>

> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:29:34 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:33:28 +0200, Viconia@alussinan.org (Michelle.)
wrote:

>Thie smorning I have tried to subscribe to the forum to question about
>Clean installer on Mac but it's not possible to subscribe because I have
>no confirmation in my mail box, I've tried a few times without success.
>And it's not possible to contact them. :-(

I think you would need an x86 emulator, since MAC currently uses IBM
processor.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:56:03 PM

Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:33:28 +0200, Viconia@alussinan.org (Michelle.)
> wrote:
>
> >Thie smorning I have tried to subscribe to the forum to question about
> >Clean installer on Mac but it's not possible to subscribe because I have
> >no confirmation in my mail box, I've tried a few times without success.
> >And it's not possible to contact them. :-(
>
> I think you would need an x86 emulator, since MAC currently uses IBM
> processor.

it's a joke ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:09:54 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> There are not 2 kinds of objects, just that each object usually has a
> function and a certain room enabled.
> I usually go by the function catalog, rather than the room catalog.
> Stuff for babies is under Miscellaneous>Children.
> And if you are getting custom objects, meaning original meshes that a 3rd
> party made, well it is up to the creator to assign the room and function to
> the object. Some don't, and have it automatically be the same as the object
> they cloned.
> There are some 3rd party objects that can be found in many different
> categories too.
>
> So do I assume you finally found the objects you were looking for?

Thank for all these explanations.

I can't find the url of your site, i had one old in my webbrowser but I
have an error 404 not found. Have you always a site ? I don't find
anything with Google :-(

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:42:25 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> There are not 2 kinds of objects, just that each object usually has a
> function and a certain room enabled.
> I usually go by the function catalog, rather than the room catalog.
> Stuff for babies is under Miscellaneous>Children.
> And if you are getting custom objects, meaning original meshes that a 3rd
> party made, well it is up to the creator to assign the room and function to
> the object. Some don't, and have it automatically be the same as the object
> they cloned.
> There are some 3rd party objects that can be found in many different
> categories too.
>
> So do I assume you finally found the objects you were looking for?

I have example more precise on your site. I have d/l a lot of floors and
walls on your site (LIU) and in the game there are floors which have no
image and which doesn't work (grey square). I know only your reference
but I can't see them and I don't know what floor haven't worked

1) liucvzs2fo32105_08

2) Tile

3) liucvzs2fo32105_09

PS : it takes very long time to install floor and wall one by one with
the package installer. it was faster in Sims 1. And you can install the
same floor or the same wall several times, nothing says that the floor
or the wall is installed yet. We have to cancel them in the game after.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:56:19 AM

My official site is http://www.silvernblue.com/
But I am also a part of http://livin-it-up.net/

> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:11:45 AM

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> There are not 2 kinds of objects, just that each object usually has a
>> function and a certain room enabled.
>> I usually go by the function catalog, rather than the room catalog.
>> Stuff for babies is under Miscellaneous>Children.
>> And if you are getting custom objects, meaning original meshes that a 3rd
>> party made, well it is up to the creator to assign the room and function
>> the object. Some don't, and have it automatically be the same as the
>> object
>> they cloned.
>> There are some 3rd party objects that can be found in many different
>> categories too.
>>
>> So do I assume you finally found the objects you were looking for?
>>

> I have example more precise on your site. I have d/l a lot of floors and
> walls on your site (LIU) and in the game there are floors which have no
> image and which doesn't work (grey square). I know only your reference
> but I can't see them and I don't know what floor haven't worked
>
> 1) liucvzs2fo32105_08
>
> 2) Tile
>
> 3) liucvzs2fo32105_09
>

> PS : it takes very long time to install floor and wall one by one with
> the package installer. it was faster in Sims 1. And you can install the
> same floor or the same wall several times, nothing says that the floor
> or the wall is installed yet. We have to cancel them in the game after.

Okay now question, were the files zip files when you downloaded them? If
that is the case, then you would have to have a program to handle zip files
to unzip them. With windows, we have an option whether or not to see the
extensions of files, as in *.package, the .package is the extension. From
what you posted it looks like your computer is not seeing those extensions,
hence why the confusion of how to install. I am not sure how one would set
that up on a mac. This article may help :)
http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=30...
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:05:26 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:56:03 +0200, Viconia@alussinan.org (Michelle.)
wrote:

>> I think you would need an x86 emulator, since MAC currently uses IBM
>> processor.
>
>it's a joke ?

No. Windows 32 executables will not run on a mac unless you have an
emulator.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 4:51:11 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> Okay now question, were the files zip files when you downloaded them? If
> that is the case, then you would have to have a program to handle zip files
> to unzip them. With windows, we have an option whether or not to see the
> extensions of files, as in *.package, the .package is the extension. From
> what you posted it looks like your computer is not seeing those extensions,
> hence why the confusion of how to install. I am not sure how one would set
> that up on a mac. This article may help :)
> http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=30...

I had no problem with your other floors only with these three and they
were d/l like the others in sims2pack, I use tje installer for install
them. But the problem is not here it was just an example.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 4:51:12 PM

Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:56:03 +0200, Viconia@alussinan.org (Michelle.)
> wrote:
>
> >> I think you would need an x86 emulator, since MAC currently uses IBM
> >> processor.
> >
> >it's a joke ?
>
> No. Windows 32 executables will not run on a mac unless you have an
> emulator.

it's funny :-) Are you the webmaster of this site ?

I received the confirmation this morning, 2 days after, generally on the
others sites I have the confirmation immediately.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 4:51:12 PM

Invid Fan <invid@localnet.com> wrote:

> Well, no. Macs use a Power PC chip, currently a G4 or G5. The chips
> were designed by Motorola and IBM, and currently IBM supplies Apple
> with chips for their computers. Apple has announced that in two or so
> years they'll be switching to some sort of Intel chip as IBM (like
> Motorola before them) isn't going in a direction they like.. or at
> least not at a fast enough rate.

I don't see the link between that and the fact that I have no
confirmation for may login after subscribe in a forum. Confirmation that
I have this morning at least, 2 days later

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 2:44:37 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> My official site is http://www.silvernblue.com/

What are the .obp and .mat files ? this is floors or objects but how to
install them in Sims 2 ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 5:29:05 AM

That site has nothing to do with the sims :)
It's just a graphics site with things for use in Bryce and as desktop
wallpaper and such. A couple of psp tutorials and tubes too.
My sims stuff is at liu.

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>> My official site is http://www.silvernblue.com/
>

> What are the .obp and .mat files ? this is floors or objects but how to
> install them in Sims 2 ?
>
> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 3:33:33 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> That site has nothing to do with the sims :)
> It's just a graphics site with things for use in Bryce and as desktop
> wallpaper and such. A couple of psp tutorials and tubes too.
> My sims stuff is at liu.

lol

Sorry, you can't take the books (they are beautiful) and transform them
for Sims2 ? I prefer books on a table for studies than a bookshelves,
it's more pratical for the little house.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 8:31:12 PM

Michelle. wrote:
> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> That site has nothing to do with the sims :)
>> It's just a graphics site with things for use in Bryce and as desktop
>> wallpaper and such. A couple of psp tutorials and tubes too.
>> My sims stuff is at liu.
>>

> lol
>
> Sorry, you can't take the books (they are beautiful) and transform
> them for Sims2 ? I prefer books on a table for studies than a
> bookshelves, it's more pratical for the little house.

You can accomplish the same thing by buying a bookcase, having the sim get a
book off it to read or study, then selling the bookcase. That leaves them
with one book, but what a book it is! LOL They can then place the book on
a table and it functions the same as the bookcase did.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 11:49:15 PM

Jeanie <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

> You can accomplish the same thing by buying a bookcase, having the sim get a
> book off it to read or study, then selling the bookcase. That leaves them
> with one book, but what a book it is! LOL They can then place the book on
> a table and it functions the same as the bookcase did.

Great !!! thank you very much

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***