Game Installers Disappeared After 2nd HD Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsMistake

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Hi all!

Here is a short description of my problem,

I recently bought a Western Digital Sata 3 Caviar blue 500Gb hard disk to replace my old Seagate Sata 2.

I removed the old Seagate and installed the new WD, formatted it with Win 7 Ultimate 64. Same OS as the one on the Seagate.

After formatting, I reinstalled the Seagate and went in to Bios to set it as the Primary Disk to boot from.

Obviously, I wanted to transfer my files from the old Seagate to the new WD. Specially my game installers. (100++GB)

So, it booted up from the old Seagate with no problem, I could open the new WD in my computer just fine, but as I was organizing my files and preparing to transfer, suddenly for NO REASON AT ALL, the Game Installers folder DISAPPEARED!?!?!? OMG!!

I have no idea what happened. The folder was open right in front of me one second and the next it vanished. I checked the recycle bin, nothing. Did a windows search, nothing. Checked My Computer, Available disk space increased about 100Gb.

Any ideas on how this could have happened? First time I have ever experienced this. I'm stumped. :pfff:

Solution
Who knows! That's somewhat strange.

I don't know enough about data recovery to suggest tools to use. Maybe someone else can suggest that.

In a worst case scenario you could take the drive to a professional data recovery company. It'll cost you obviously but maybe it's worth it to retrieve your lost data; it's up to you to decide.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Who knows! That's somewhat strange.

I don't know enough about data recovery to suggest tools to use. Maybe someone else can suggest that.

In a worst case scenario you could take the drive to a professional data recovery company. It'll cost you obviously but maybe it's worth it to retrieve your lost data; it's up to you to decide.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.