Sign in with
Your question

M2N32SLI DLX BLUE SCREEN FROM CHIPSET UPDATE

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2010 5:25:08 AM

HELLO I HAVE A M2N32SLI DELUXE WITH 2 GT7800GTX VIDEO CARDS, XP RPO OS, I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN EXPERIANCING LOSS OF HORIZONTAL SYNCH (THESCREAN GOES INTO DIAGONAL STRIPES) ON GAME PLAY BUT STABLE THE REST OF THE TIME SO I TRIED SWAPING THE VIDEO CARDS NO CHANGE, THEN TRIED UPDATING TO THE LATEST VIDEO DRIVERS 195.62 NO CHANGE IN THE PROBLEM, SO I UPDATED THE BIOS TO 2205 NO CHANGE, I THEN TRIED THE P55 CHIP SET DRIVER UPDATE 9.19 INSTALLED THE FULL PACKAGE! NOW MY REAL PROBLEM I'M GETTING THE BSOD IN BOTH STANDARD BOOT AND IN SAFE MODE. THE BLUE SCREEN SAYES RUN CHKDSK OR A VIRUSE SCAN
I TRIED RE-INSTALLING THE OS SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO LUCK ALSO TRIED 2207 AND 2209 BIOS UPDATES---DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SOLLUTIONS OUTSIDE OF ARS??? AND WILL ARS REALY WORK? Ok I've narrowed down the problem on the BSOD
and it turns out to be nivdias NVATA.SYS does any one have an idea how to roll back the drivers or at least edit the registry so I can reclaim this system??
a b U Graphics card
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 14, 2010 11:22:46 AM

Check your memory specs. Try bumping up the ram voltage to 1.65 and manually set the timings. Higher numbers may slow you down a bit, but give you more stability. You'll just have to experiment.
m
l
January 14, 2010 4:39:50 PM

I'll give it a try but I still need to solve my second problem, getting back into the computer
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2010 10:39:57 PM

Ok solved my first problem bsod on boot it was a bad spot on the hard drive - had to do a ASR and start over.
now what voltage is this?, I took a look in my bios and there is about ten voltage levels that I can change: and I don't even know what the voltages are that these chip set are running on.. I did try slowing them down from 800 mhz to 660 mhz no help also changed timing from 5,5,5,14 to 6,6,6,18
no help I tried playing with some of the voltages on the chip but the computer didn't seem to want to boot so please tell - thank you
m
l
January 21, 2010 11:28:08 PM

o1die said:
Check your memory specs. Try bumping up the ram voltage to 1.65 and manually set the timings. Higher numbers may slow you down a bit, but give you more stability. You'll just have to experiment.

What Voltage is this called?. I check my Bios and found about ten or more voltages that can be changed none seem to be in this range my chip set rates timing at 4,4,4,12 the mother board is running 5,5,5,14` I tried 6,6,6,18 that was no help I tried to play with some of the voltages but I don't know what the are or do, and the computer did seem to want to boot. the chip set are CM2X1024A-6400C4
Well now! I've solved the "loss of synch" problem, I rolled back my drivers to version 181.22 that solved most of my problems. I then decided to check the outlet to my computer equipment and found a broken ground wire, had that repaired and now no more problems with the video synch.
m
l
!