Sign in with
Your question

Do i need to run a stress test? intel 2500k

Last response: in Overclocking
August 20, 2011 1:13:35 AM

I just overclocked my cpu to 4.2 ghz and i followed the instructions on the fourm. i didn't change the voltages because it said anything really above 4.3 ghz i should change the voltages to keep it stable. so am i good?
August 20, 2011 2:09:40 AM

You need to run a stress test anytime you change settings. A stress test will tell you whether your settings are stable. Just an example for you. I had a stable OC at 4.5Ghz (can't remember voltage). I increased up to 4.7Ghz and started voltage at 1.37. Before I could stress test, I started having other problems not related to the MB or CPU. While solving these problems, I never had any problems with my system blue screening or freezing. After solving problems, I conducted a stress test and my system blue screened. Not stable. You stress test in order to see if you can decrease your voltage to lower temps. Guides are what they are, just guides.
m
l
August 20, 2011 4:09:05 AM

silent54 said:
You need to run a stress test anytime you change settings. A stress test will tell you whether your settings are stable. Just an example for you. I had a stable OC at 4.5Ghz (can't remember voltage). I increased up to 4.7Ghz and started voltage at 1.37. Before I could stress test, I started having other problems not related to the MB or CPU. While solving these problems, I never had any problems with my system blue screening or freezing. After solving problems, I conducted a stress test and my system blue screened. Not stable. You stress test in order to see if you can decrease your voltage to lower temps. Guides are what they are, just guides.

is it ok if i didn't increase the voltages?
m
l
!