Computer lags in games after a while

brittanyjoy87

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
hey kinda new to this.

im playing roller coaster tycoon 3. when i start the game is great. runs perfect. as i start to build more and more it lags more and more. is this just the way the game runs or is there something i can do. i have a laptop, gateway nc59 with core i5 processor, intel hd graphics and 4gb ram. what should i do to make it run more smooth

grahamie

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
make sure the laptop can breathe it sound like it could be a heat issue my laptop does the same thing when it heats up monitor you gpu temp and see what’s going on if it is a heat issue make sure your fan picks up speed when its hot

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
+1^

Heat could be an issue or rather always is an issue what you could maybe do is in the bios negate some of your system RAM into your Intel display that makes it run smoother i think the onboard graphics is where you are having issues, it makes sense as soon as you have to render more graphics or more pixels it lags. By adding system ram to your graphics controller you will have more graphics memory to utilize, this is slower memory but should make some effect on the system.