Is my Restore Point corrupted?

July 15, 2004 10:59:04 PM

Hello

For sometime now my Restore Points on XP Home
only ever show ONE restore point - i.e. the one
after a reboot.

If I enter my own they just disappear.

I have got the slider set to MAX (12%)

What's going on here?

Many thanks - Stephen

--
Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.
Anonymous

Stephen wrote:
> For sometime now my Restore Points on XP Home
> only ever show ONE restore point - i.e. the one
> after a reboot.
>
> If I enter my own they just disappear.
>
> I have got the slider set to MAX (12%)
>
> What's going on here?

How big is your hard drive? How much free space do you have?
Perhaps 12% is only big enough for ONE backup - it makes them only as long
as it has room..

Try this anyway:

Turn off System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310405

Reboot.

Turn on System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310405

Make a Manual Restoration Point.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/m...

(That, of course, will erase the previous restore point you have.)

--
<- Shenan ->
July 15, 2004 10:59:05 PM

Stephen;
Many things can cause loss of Restore Points, when they are gone, they
are gone and can not be recovered or used.
Some of the things are:
Available space on hard drive
Computer usage
Space you dedicate to System Restore

If you use Real Player, try doing without it for a few days:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812119
And others.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]