Is my Restore Point corrupted?

Hello

For sometime now my Restore Points on XP Home
only ever show ONE restore point - i.e. the one
after a reboot.

If I enter my own they just disappear.

I have got the slider set to MAX (12%)

What's going on here?

Many thanks - Stephen

--
Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.
2 answers Last reply

    Stephen wrote:
    > For sometime now my Restore Points on XP Home
    > only ever show ONE restore point - i.e. the one
    > after a reboot.
    >
    > If I enter my own they just disappear.
    >
    > I have got the slider set to MAX (12%)
    >
    > What's going on here?

    How big is your hard drive? How much free space do you have?
    Perhaps 12% is only big enough for ONE backup - it makes them only as long
    as it has room..

    Try this anyway:

    Turn off System Restore.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310405

    Reboot.

    Turn on System Restore.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310405

    Make a Manual Restoration Point.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/xpsysrst.mspx

    (That, of course, will erase the previous restore point you have.)

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Stephen;
    Many things can cause loss of Restore Points, when they are gone, they
    are gone and can not be recovered or used.
    Some of the things are:
    Available space on hard drive
    Computer usage
    Space you dedicate to System Restore

    If you use Real Player, try doing without it for a few days:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812119
    And others.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Stephen" <stephen@knight04july.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > For sometime now my Restore Points on XP Home
    > only ever show ONE restore point - i.e. the one
    > after a reboot.
    >
    > If I enter my own they just disappear.
    >
    > I have got the slider set to MAX (12%)
    >
    > What's going on here?
    >
    > Many thanks - Stephen
    >
    > --
    > Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP