Sign in with
Your question

Approval

Last response: in Systems
July 22, 2009 4:32:59 AM

Parts in my new build are the following(with approval of course).

CPU-Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Processor
Motherboard- Intel P43
Memory- Corsair XMS2 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz
Case- One of the foll
CPU-One of the following
Ultra X-Blaster Black
Apevia Black/Black X-Plorer
NZXT Apollo Black
Apevia X-Discovery Black
Power Supply- Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500-Watt Power Supply
Video Card- EVGA GeForce 8600 GTS
Sound Card- Sabrent 8 Channel 7.1 High Performance Surround Sound Card

Not Needed- Optical Drives, OS, HD

More about : approval

July 22, 2009 4:56:58 AM

If you are going to do some overclocking, go with a P45 board rather than a P43 board. If you go with the Apevia case it's a good idea to install all the fans, the two in the front and the larger one in the rear. The low cache kind of limits the 8200 compared to the Q9400. As for the video card, the 8600GTS isn't too much of a gaming card so if you're planning to play any games then at least go with a Radeon 4670.
July 22, 2009 5:19:18 AM

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to put them to good use. However in the case of the processor I am in a tight budget so if you can find any better then the 8200 for cheaper of the same amount please notify me.
July 22, 2009 3:45:47 PM

If you're going to use this system for gaming then you may want to look at overclocking the E8400

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you're going to use it for gamming, but also heavily using apps that make use of more than two cores, like for video editing and what not, then you may also want to consider going with an AMD build.

AMD Phenom II X3 720
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Altho, for certain multimedia applications having 3 cores is a hit or miss. I really can't help you out more without knowing your budget and what you want to use the computer for.
!