Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte ga-73pvm-s2h upgrade graphics card

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2010 5:34:13 PM

any good graphics cards that could fit this micro atx board
January 14, 2010 6:33:11 PM

It will have a lot more to do with your case size and layout, and how much power your PSU produces (check the label on the side of the PSU, look for +12V)
Related resources
January 14, 2010 6:43:50 PM

hi mate ... its just that theres only six inches from the side of the mobo then there 2 capacitors.so im looking for a short graphics card that better than the on board one
January 14, 2010 7:19:29 PM

Check this out:
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Card...

Im currently using a nVidia GeForce 9600GT and i bought a GainWard GTX260

Im using a GigaByte GA-73-PVM-S2H motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

The Card gets power when i turn my machine on but the fans start and stop 3-5 times then spin like normal but nothing is displayed on my screen unless i plug my monitor into my on-board

When i try to install the drivers the disk tells me that "it could not find the correct device" or something similar

I downloaded the drivers from the website, Installed, rebooted but had the same problem

Is my new card faulty or is it a compatibility issue with my motherboard ... but im sure ive read about other people using this Mobo + Card

Answer :
PLease make sure you have both PCI-E power connectors plugged into the back of the card.
January 14, 2010 7:54:27 PM

what 9600gt was it
January 14, 2010 8:18:49 PM

Caps are generally low enough to go underneath the card when installed, and from the pictures it looks like your board is no exception. With some board layouts you may obstruct other features (sata ports are the most common one), but I've yet to see one that blocked a slot completely.

So I'll have to refer you back to my original post. The board should not obstruct the card, but your case size and design may limit its size, as well the output of your power supply. We'll also need to know a price range you're looking at.
January 14, 2010 9:28:17 PM

thanks kiren
January 14, 2010 9:39:45 PM

im putting a q6600 cpu in this board so what graphics board would you tink best
!