Would my PSU power up the BFG GTX 285 OC?

I have got a PSU of 600W. It provides 2-6pin power connectors but the problem is the following: BFG says that it requires (575W PCI Express®-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 42A or more).
And this is my output details:
3.3V - 24A
5V - 24A
12V 1 - 16A
12V 2 - 16A
12V 3 - 16A
-12V - 0.5A
5Vsb - 3.0A
( 3.3V & 5V Combined Max. Output 180W)
12 answers Last reply
More about would power
  1. what is the make and model of your PSU or the combined watt output of your 12v rails
  2. If its a brand name PSU then your fine, if it is an "el cheapo" then I would upgrade....
  3. Thank yu....
  4. ct1615 said:
    what is the make and model of your PSU or the combined watt output of your 12v rails


    i don't know the combined watt output, but the brand is x-power atx-600td. I cant find any information about this PSU on the internet at all.
    Could this be the combined output? (3.3V & 5V Combined Max. Output 180W)...this is written on the installation leaflet that came with the PSU.
  5. If this is the PSU then you are fine but don't expect it to power anything else on top of what you have ATM......

    hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339025&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Power+Supplies-_-Compucase-_-17339025
  6. OvrClkr said:
    If this is the PSU then you are fine but don't expect it to power anything else on top of what you have ATM......

    hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339025&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Power+Supplies-_-Compucase-_-17339025


    the specs don't match the ones the OP posted

    although the make and model is the same
  7. Yep, I saw that......

    Did not find any other info regarding an x-power PSU....

    I still would upgrade..... The 285 is way to expensive to pair up with a no-name PSU....
  8. yea i have no familiarity with that PSU manufacturer other then they are dirt cheap (never a good sign)
  9. OvrClkr said:
    Yep, I saw that......

    Did not find any other info regarding an x-power PSU....

    I still would upgrade..... The 285 is way to expensive to pair up with a no-name PSU....


    Ok, what kind of PSU would you recommend me to buy?...I don't want a really expensive one, just a PSU that is able to power my gtx 285 and it should be a branded one... :)
  10. ct1615 said:
    yea i have no familiarity with that PSU manufacturer other then they are dirt cheap (never a good sign)


    I don't know much about PSU's, so could you give me a few power supplies that are able to power up my card?...
  11. Antec, Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, and Enermax are all brands I would trust, although I almost always buy Antec for myself. A PSU in the 650W-700W range would be sufficient. In the case of Antec, an Earthwatts 650 or TruePower New 650 would be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Power Up Graphics